Referral Services Specialist LPN, Full-Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 26504 Job Function General Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Referral Services Specialist LPN reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Provide exceptional customer service to consumers which establishes a positive first impression of Northwestern Medicine.
- Exceed all consumer requests and alert management of issues or concerns that require escalation.
- Appropriately triage telephone inquiries requesting medical services and/or physician referral/appointment to determine level of urgency/acuity and type of physician needed for stated problem.
- Provides clinical advice and follow-up education using established protocols or provider directive.
- Maintain clinical knowledge-base with the ability to recognize urgent clinical situations and demonstrate communication skills necessary to make appropriate physician referrals to potential patients.
- Maintain effective relationships with patient, physicians, management, staff and other customers.
- Displays excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think independently and analytically and provide education to the team.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (Illinois).
- 3-5 years clinical experience (inpatient or ambulatory).
- Prior telephone triage experience.
- Prior contact center experience.
- Experience using EPIC EMR.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Services Rep- Regional Medical Group Pediatrics- Part-Time, Days South Elgin, Illinois
- Food Service Worker - Kish Food & Nutrition Services, Full-time, Rotating, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus DeKalb, Illinois
- Patient Service Representative - Cardiology, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Department Secretary - Outpatient Rehabilitation, Full-time, Rotating Sycamore, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs