Real Estate Analyst, Full Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 115550 Job Function Accounting/Finance Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Real Estate Analyst reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Real Estate Analyst supports the financial operations of Northwestern Memorial Hospital's commercial real estate portfolio. The position requires a motivated team player who possesses strong financial, analytical and communication skills. Acts as liaison between Accounting, Real Estate Strategy, Property Management and thirdparty consultant to ensure successful monthly financial close of all commercial building P&Ls. Monitor properties' compliance with accounting procedures. Assist Property Operations Managers with special projects as directed. Understand financial and accounting concepts necessary to complete real estate related financial models.
- Act as point of contact and provide seamless communication among NM financial and accounting teams including AP and Purchasing.
- Act as point of contact and provide seamless communication with third party consultant performing accounting functions for the department including monthly validations and information uploads to and from Peoplesoft and Yardi.
- Complete annual Tax and OPEX reconciliations for commercial properties with the assistance of Property Operations Managers, including ownership of the platform for optimization.
- Produces annual revenue budgets for NMHC’s 10 million square foot real estate portfolio including interunit billing. Reviews operating budgets submitted by Property Operations Managers for accuracy and to ensure the division collectively meets its budget targets. Work with Property Operation Managers to assist in Preparation of Annual OPEX, Tax, Management Fee and Capital Budgets. Maintain tracking of year over year expense trends for the real estate portfolio.
- Audit tenant billing and other financial data to ensure compliance with lease and financial statements
- Coordinate sales returns with the tax department
- Coordinate property tax exemptions and PIN tracking with the Office of General Counsel
- Completion of quarterly RREG NOI statistics, pull monthly report downloads from Strata, assist in preparation of monthly report compilation by Business Unit, and other reports, proposals and presentations as required
- Assist Financial Manager with oversight of the monthly reporting process to track performance of NOI (variance report), accounts receivable (aging report), and retail tenant performance (sales report and percentage rent audit). Recommend additional reporting to meet division and organization needs.
- Communicate daily issues and occurrences for each building with the appropriate Manager.
- Monitors property compliance with accounting procedures, including:
- Work with Operations team to prepare purchase requests for approval and process, including coding via chart of accounts. Prepare follow up system to track approval process and submission to purchasing for a purchase order number. Follow up as necessary for timely delivery, invoicing, and payment including yearend accruals.
- Input of capital projects into HP and monitoring of issued Purchase Orders and payment of expenses. Ongoing TI tracking as both Landlord and Tenant.
- Assistance in communication of requested yearend projects, tracking of yearend expense dollars spent, and appropriate yearend accruals.
- Collection, tracking, and submission of yearend accruals from the Property Operations team to accounting.
- Recommend and institute additional policies and procedures to continuously improve the operations and financial effectiveness of the property Accountable for auditing of internal process for compliance including but not limited to administration of contracted work, maintenance agreements, capital expenditures and the purchase of supplies in accordance with accounting procedures.
- Ongoing validation to ensure the integrity of tenant billings and lease set-up. Maximizes revenue (as Lessor) and minimizes rent expense (as Lessee) through audit of OPEX/RETAX billings.
- Identifies and addresses opportunities for improvement across NM’s 10 million square foot real estate portfolio. Additional Functions Other responsibilities as designated in support of organizational priorities
- Bachelor’s degree or four additional years of relevant experience.
- 5-7+ years of solid finance/accounting business experience, preferably with three years in a Real Estate related field
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Proven customer service orientation
- Proficient MS Excel and PowerPoint user
- Expert MS Excel user, particularly with mathematic and charting functions.
- Expert Yardi user.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs