Property Operations Manager-Tier II, Full-Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 10380 Job Function Management-Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Property Ops Manager reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Prepares annual management plan and budget for assigned properties that adhere to properties goals and planned use.
- Ensures that the property performs to this plan and budget by managing the properties day-to-day operations.
- Oversees and monitors all operating and capital budgets.
- Provides timely and professional responses to tenant requests and inquiries. Assists in move-in/move-out process.
- Coordinates tenant improvements.
- Handles lease compliance and collections promptly, consistently, courteously, and professionally.
- Supervises vendors, determining acceptable performance administering contracts, and negotiating and/or resolving issues and disputes.
- Completes annual CAM reconciliations for assigned properties.
- Serves as a representative of the building and NMHC in dealing with tenants, prospective tenants, vendors, city officials, unions and associations.
- Responsible for the safety of the building occupants.
- Oversees security, engineering and maintenance activities, and cleaning operations.
- Conducts building inspections and implements procedures to correct deficiencies.
- Ensures that property accounting and financial reporting are administered in a timely fashion.
- Facilitates seamless communication among NMH internal support teams, external contractors, and building occupants.
- Hires, manages and trains personnel under his or her management. Resolves employee issues that may arise.
- Drafts and oversees the long term infrastructure and maintenance plan for assigned properties.
- Ensures financial compliance with all NMHC policies, including timely submission and reconciliation of invoices.
- Conducts annual tenant satisfaction surveys.
- Leads due diligence activities during building acquisitions as necessary.
- Leads special projects across the commercial portfolio as required by NMH Leadership.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in real estate management, engineering, or a business related field.
- Minimum 3 years property management experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
- Understands accounting and financial concepts.
- Strong communication, supervisory, and organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Excel.
- Experience using tenant billing systems.
- Experience managing medical office properties or working in a healthcare setting.
- Construction management experience.
- Expert MS Excel user (Statistical analysis, charting, advanced formulas).
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Case Manager RN/Woodstock-Full-time, Day Woodstock, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Medical Surgical/Onconolgy-McHenry-Full-time, Nights McHenry, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Emergency/Huntley-Full-time, Night Huntley, Illinois
- Medical Assistant- Allergy and ENT- Full-time- Days Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs