Program Manager Strategy & Business Development, Full-Time, DaysChicago, Illinois Job REQID 8378 Job Function Management-Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Program Manager - Strategy & Business Development reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Identifies and pursues business activities which align with the NM strategic plan, enhance reputation, market and clinical leadership, improve financial performance, and enhance capability in assigned program. Introduces, develops, and facilitates new business and programmatic ideas and plans for assigned areas.
- Analyzes growth potential, resource requirements, risk/reward and financial benefit to proposed initiatives through complex analysis and research of market, financial, and internal factors.
- Develops demand (market and hospital) projections in key business and service areas.
- Maintains and continually updates industry and competitive information, and NMH relative performance in assigned program areas, including historic and best of industry benchmarking data on: quality and outcomes of care, patient satisfaction, market size and share, performance relative competition, image and reputation, clinical and research capabilities, operational experience, and leadership and differentiation in program area.
- Forms, facilitates and leads complex, multi-departmental strategic planning processes in assigned business and program areas.
- Successfully involves vice presidents, Clinical Chairs, Division Chiefs, and other managers and physicians to build consensus on strategies.
- Leads corporate planning projects on future facilities, resource, and other needs of the academic enterprise.
- Proposes, analyzes and implements new strategic initiatives, such as off-site campus development, affiliations and partnerships with other businesses and organizations to develop new and existing product lines/service groups and business models.
- Completes business (program) plans for departments and strategic plans for the academic enterprise.
- Develops, implements, and manages internal measurement and monitoring systems that demonstrate the effectiveness of business initiatives in enhancing patient care, access, volumes, market share, financial performance, and program reputation within the assigned areas.
- Gathers and analyzes business intelligence to assess future resource requirements, including but not limited to building investments, equipment, staffing, technological capability, and information resources.
- Working with managers in assigned business and program areas, develops processes, internal statistics, market data, and financial performance data needed to evaluate existing programs for their fit with the organizations mission, ability to meet key strategic criteria, and potential for improvement.
- Works closely with key managers and physicians to complete plans and recommendations, under sponsorship of a vice president and oversight by the Director of Business Development.
- Must be highly responsive and effective in working with operational managers and physicians, defining projects effectively and meeting client and organizational strategic objectives simultaneously.
- Through relationship development throughout NM community, identifies and secures interdepartmental support and other resources necessary for successful origination and implementation of business strategy initiatives.
- Works closely with operational staff and managers to assure successful transition to implementation of approved initiatives.
- Responsible for meeting goals in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Held accountable through performance goals, incentive plans, and other monitoring systems.
- Prepares white papers, business (program) plans, financial analysis, feasibility studies and pro formas, including gathering of information on reimbursement, funding and costs.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Health Administration (MHA) and/or equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years of health care planning, strategy, and business development experience
- Experience working within a clinical environment
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills, and excellent analytical skills
- Experience in academic medical center
- Experience working closely with physicians in a provider setting is highly desired.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Insurance Verification Representative - Durable Medical Equipment, Full-time, Days McHenry, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (KD) Palatine, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (SR) Carmel, Indiana
- Talent Acquisition Professional- Human Resources, Full-time, Days Warrenville, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs