Program Manager-Production Services, Full-Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 32002 Job Function Management-Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Program Manager, Communications reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine (NM), adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Manager reports to a Program Director, Communications or the Manager, Communications and is responsible for overseeing a focused area of Communications efforts. They will provide thought leadership and recommendations to Communications leadership and develop communications plans in support of their area of focus. All communications efforts will align to the overall Northwestern Medicine Communications strategy.
This role needs to be a Communications expert with strong general knowledge of their assigned area of focus. This role requires close partnership with the Program Directors and/or Managers, especially in carrying out strategic initiatives that span audiences. In addition, this role requires collaboration with internal clients to ensure communications are aligned with operational strategies at the hospital, region and system level.
- Leads the creation of assigned communications plans:
- Stays informed on current and emerging trends in communications
- Understands the business operations and communications needs of their assigned clients
- Defines objectives, strategies, tactics and performance metrics (including campaigns and development of new tactics where applicable)
- Obtains the necessary plan approvals. Works with client partners to determine who is the key point person for each element in the plan
- Delivers all elements of the plan for all assigned clients/areas
- Acts as the team’s communication advisor for assigned campaigns and targeted efforts:
- Develops deep understanding of communication plan construction and how elements fit together for maximum impact
- Collaborates with appropriate leadership groups to support key initiatives and gain buy-in for communications approaches
- Tracks engagement across various platforms and make data-driven recommendations
- Works collaboratively with Communications leadership to ensure brand tone and style is achieved for all messaging
- Provides writing support as needed to team members/clients
- Utilizes excellent project management capabilities:
- Creates timelines for each campaign/tactic in the communications plan and manages them to ensure delivery
- Presents communications materials, as appropriate, to client partner for feedback, input and approvals
- Proofs all materials and obtains appropriate approvals (senior management, legal/risk, other)
- Utilize project management software to manage programs
- Monitors the effectiveness of communications plans through analytics/measurements
- Provides information to NM departments and divisions regarding updates to communications tactics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related discipline
- Minimum 5-10 years communications experience
- Strong project management skills, including ability to scope and assess requirements in any given situation
- Seasoned client/stakeholder management skills, ensuring alignment amongst key decision makers before proceeding with a plan or campaign
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, in complex team oriented environments
- High energy professional with ‘can do’ attitude and a team spirit, combined with a great attention to detail and strong professionalism
- Master’s degree in Communications, or related discipline
- Experience in Healthcare industry
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Registered Nurse- PH Perinatal, Casual, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Oncology -Sg4 North - Part-Time, Days - Sign On-Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time Days - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time, Days, - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs