Program Manager, Patient Accounting - Revenue Cycle, Full-Time, DaysChicago, Illinois Job REQID 7065 Job Function General Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Program Manager, Patient Accountingreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- The Program Manager, Patient Accounting manager provides accounts receivable management support by ensuring the smooth day to day operation of the department, leveraging systems towards the achievement of daily, weekly, monthly performance targets.
- The Program Manager is accountable for achieving institutional and departmental goals and objectives, actively supporting NMHC strategic goals and objectives while ensuring full compliance with all policies and procedures
- Directs and coordinates all the activities, functions and responsibilities of the Patient Accounting Department Operations related to optimum third party accounts receivables management
- Leverages all available systems to support optimum AR management
- Develops department policies and procedures and coordinate with other departments to develop and maintain policies and procedures affecting the goals and objectives of the team and the entire revenue cycle
- Review operational reports & complete AR analysis on a daily, weekly, monthly or as necessary basis of key performance indicators (KPIs), making necessary adjustments to work flows or prioritization of work in order to reach the departments stated goals
- Leads and/or represents Patient Accounting in meetings with departments and hospital committees such as Write-offs & Appeals, monthly pre-close meeting, Managed Care Issues meeting, monthly vendor meetings, etc. as needed.
- Works closely with NMHC's Information System and Compliance & Corporate Integrity Departments to ensure all revenue cycle systems, work flows and AR processes are secure and compliant per all regulatory guidelines (JCAHO, HIPAA, Patient Privacy, ACA Consumer Protections, etc)
- Identifies opportunities for and leads/participates in Lean, Six/Sigma and process improvement activities
- Leads projects as assigned by Director Patient Accounting
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of hospital and/or physician HIS systems
- Strong leadership, organization, planning and time management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- High proficiency in Excel
- Excellent verbal, written, communications and presentations skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer service experience
- Project management skills and ability to effect change
- Exhibit behaviors consistent with standards of performance improvement and NMHC values
- 5-7 years of increasingly responsible positions within a Patient Financial Services/Patient Accounting
- Knowledge of Epic Systems
- Knowledge of Epic's Single Billing Office (SBO) module
- Knowledge of Hyland RCM and OnBase
- Knowledge of Process Improvement methodologies such as LEAN/Six Sigma
- Knowledge of NMHC systems
- Knowledge of NMHC policies and procedures
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Financial Analyst - Contract Systems and Audit, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- EVS Tech Lead - CDH, Full-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - Obstetrics, Registry, Rotating - $500 Sign-on Bonus Sandwich, Illinois
- Medical Assistant- Regional Management Group- Rheumatology- Full-time- Days- $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Geneva, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs