Program Manager Information ServicesLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 9218 Job Function Management-Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Program Manager Information Services reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Program Manager (PM) will be responsible for planning, monitoring and reporting overall project performance for a portfolio of IT projects including technology initiatives and other key strategic initiatives related to the achievement of NMHC corporate goals.
- PM supports organizational efforts to achieve project and process management competence through industry accepted methodologies (PMM, ITIL, CoBIT, and LEAN), appropriate tools and mentoring programs.
- The PM plays a central role in, budget management, contract management, project communications and information distribution to report for entire portfolio of assigned projects and processes.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the use of NMHC standard project management and process improvement methodologies.
- Manage project lifecycle of initiate, plan, execute, close, complete projects including IT value measurement definition.
- Assist in the organizational development and enhancement of project and process management competence.
- Develop educational, coaching and mentoring programs necessary to support the adoption of NMHC project and process methodologies.
- Leads comprehensive planning efforts necessary to establish measure, enhance and report organizational management performance.
- Participate in regular project review meetings where status on milestone performance, issues, project changes and budgets are communicated.
- Establish and execute effective and efficient communication mechanisms which enable continuous exchange of ideas and information, regulation and project developments among team members, NMHC executives, sponsors and vendor partners.
- Selects and/or establishes the necessary policies, methodologies, procedures and practices to support process and project managers.
- Establish and maintain effective communications within the Project Management Office and broader organization report program and project status.
- Provide assessment and report of overall portfolio performance to various executive groups.
- Leads selection and development of appropriate organizational standards for software tools necessary to support successful project management, budget reporting and resource allocation.
- Leads development and maintenance of appropriate project infrastructure, tools and methods necessary to communicate and coordinate project detail and status.
- Ensure the development and management of individual project budgets and serve as a primary resource to individual project leaders for budget planning, particularly the annual capital planning and submission process.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with the technical and applications teams to develop project tasks, work effort required for these tasks, and define a work schedule with planned dates.
- Demonstrate the ability to get things done, effectively directing the execution of the project office function to support the achievement of successful, on-time and on-budget delivery of IT commitments.
- Demonstrate the ability to deal with the changing environment and to lead and facilitate and manage change efficiently and effectively where appropriate.
- Conduct process assessments, identifying non-value added activities.
- Participate and support relevant IT benchmarking, survey and specific research activities as well as subject matter related educational seminars and events.
- Support the development of executive level presentations that are related to initiatives.
- Be responsible for understanding vendor contracts with NMHC to ensure vendor compliance to project schedules, contractual agreements and compliance with NMHC standards.
- Maintain central file of active vendor contracts.
- Participate in the NMHC capital and operating budget planning process. Proficient knowledge of budget preparation, budget management and budget change control.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5 or more years of experience in Information Services management or project management.
- Demonstrated process improvement and analysis skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with peers and constituents at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent team building and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding coordination, facilitation, consultation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a complex, cross-organizational system.
- Demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills
- Healthcare technology background
- Masters degree in related field preferred
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Quality Documentation Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Quality Utilization Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Social Worker (Transitional Care), Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Full-time, Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs