Program Coordinator - Ambulatory Operations, full time, daysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 61750 Job Function Administrative Support Shift Day Job (1st) Pay rates are dependent upon experience. The minimum starting hourly rate for this position is 22.66 Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Program Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Participates in preparing program’s budget, creates and monitors budget statements, assists in designing reports.
- Monitors budget and general ledger detail for accuracy; identifies variances and reports them to the department leadership; has a complete understanding of the department and company financial policies; creates purchase orders; and processes invoices for payment against purchase order or general expense reimbursement.
- Research and develop internal and external communications including presentations, speaking points, correspondence and other written materials.
- Participates in meetings, performs interpretation if necessary.
- Represents the department, program or project with various level of personnel both internally and externally.
- Responds to unanticipated complex issues and manages critical and confidential information.
- Receives, screens, distributes or files all incoming correspondence and other mail.
- Maintains a sufficient inventory of all office supplies and printed forms.
- Provides calendar management support for the department leadership; facilitates and schedules meetings; books meeting rooms; arranges for catering; confirms attendance; and supports in preparation and distribution of materials as necessary.
- Coordinates large scale complex events, involving multiple parties, including foreign guests.
- Maintains program vacation and sick day calendar to maintain accurate scheduling of physicians on call.
- Assists the department leadership in maintaining department personnel files and mandatory certification/licensure lists and tracks staff continuing education requests.
- Participates in creating department’s targets, preparing job description, screening resumes.
- Assists in creating professional education development plans.
- Follows up with department staff, to make sure deadlines are kept.
- Utilizes advanced Microsoft Office applications to design and lay-out presentations and reports.
- Administers and tracks expenses, and allocates them to appropriate account.
- Maintains procedure manuals; ensures appropriate communication to staff of changes in procedures.
- Communicates (verbal and written) with a wide range of departments, employees, vendors, and physicians; and serves as a liaison on behalf of the department leadership to foster strong working relationships.
- Processes request for new employee office space, passwords, office supplies, phone and voicemail, mail delivery and other resources as needed.
- Overseas creation, design and maintenance of website and blog content ensuring ease and practicality of use for targeted audience.
- Helps in collecting feedback from clients and physicians and implement it.
- Creates, writes, edits and posts articles, news, and program summaries to website.
- Ensures all contents and contact information are up to date.
- Participation in creating Marketing strategies.
- Prepares and drafts ads as well as assists in collecting materials on media and publications.
- Manages telephone operations; answers, screens, and directs telephone calls.
- May support additional projects as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a business/medical office environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
- Ability to organize and think independently with orientation to deadline and detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Masters degree and five years of business/medical office experience.
- Healthcare experience.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs