Physician: Pediatric Ophthalmology - Chicago, ILLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Regional Medical Group Job REQID REF43444C Job Function Physician Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- Conduct pediatric eye examinations in the outpatient and hospital settings
- Perform routine pediatric eye surgeries including strabismus, basic eye plastics, and cataracts
- Share call responsibilities with pediatric ophthalmology colleagues
- Advocate for patients, families, and fellow staff members.
- Participate in teaching medical students, ophthalmology residents, and pediatric ophthalmology fellows
- Participate in Grand Rounds, Journal Clubs, divisional and departmental meetings
- Interest in research regarding pediatric eye diseases and outcomes encouraged.
- Expertise in other areas of ophthalmology (e.g. cornea, retina, glaucoma, genetics, oculoplastics) welcomed
- Doctorate in Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine
- Completion of Ophthalmology Residency and Pediatric Ophthalmology Fellowship
- Valid physician and controlled substance licenses for State of Illinois
- Valid Federal DEA number
- Board certification or board eligibility.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill
- Passion for pediatric eye care
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs