Physical Therapist - Physical Therapy, Part-Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 22586 Job Function Rehabilitation/Wellness Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Physical Therapist reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Develops and administers physical therapy evaluations and treatment plans for patients by providing assessments and selecting appropriate techniques and therapies in order to restore function and prevent disability.
- Selects and administers appropriate physical therapy evaluations and treatment plans as well as provide patient, family and caregiver education.
- Participates with other team members in patient discharge planning through verbal and written communications.
- Provides clear, concise patient care documentation as per departmental standards.
- Supervises appropriate paraprofessionals and support personnel via monitoring the treatment plans' administration and provides follow-up clinical direction and guidance.
- Supervises students within departmental clinical education guidelines.
- Administration of Work:
- Provides direct patient care for an established 65% of hours worked.
- Performs appropriate physical therapy evaluations and re-evaluations on a regular basis.
- Designs and implements appropriate treatment plans.
- Participates in patient charge and home care planning to facilitate the continuity of patient care.
- Completes all related medical documentation in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with established policies and standards.
- Assists in monitoring of quality management indicators.
- Demonstrate competency through the annual completion of written and demonstration style competency examinations.
- Leadership/Supervisory Skills:
- Delegates appropriate responsibilities to subordinates.
- Promotes philosophy and objectives of NMH and Rehabilitation Services.
- Present minimum of 1 inservice per year for Rehabilitation Services Department and/or NMH staff.
- Completes special projects as assigned by the Manager, or Clinical Specialist.
- Promotes and maintains professional working relationship with peers.
- Maintains/promotes open communication with internal contacts, nursing and social work.
- Participates in an ongoing mentorship program.
- Participates in interdisciplinary rounds.
- Serves on assigned departmental committees.
- Attends/contributes to monthly departmental and discipline-specific service meetings.
- Organizational Expectations:
- Adheres to the Hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Adheres to the Code of Ethics, Customer Service Standards and the Patients First mission as demonstrated through positive patient/guest relations, positive and effective interactions with staff, formulating and meeting developmental goals.
- Work Environment:
- The work involves potential risks which require use of safety precautions, use of safe practices with patients, clinical and office equipment (including universal precautions); avoidance of trips and falls, use of body mechanics; and observation of fire and safety regulations. It is the responsibility of the employee to be familiar and compliant with these procedures.
- Demonstrates responsibility for assessing, treating, caring for adults (18-64 years), and geriatrics (65+) from a developmental perspective.
- Physical/Visual/Mental Qualifications of the Position:
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable the individual with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
- Provide clear and effective communication to physicians, patients, families, guests and other members of the health care team.
- Respond to emergency signals and indicators.
- Push/pull patients in wheelchairs/carts (100-300 lbs.) for short distances.
- Push/pull supplies and equipment weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Lift patients up to 80 lbs. or with assistance up to 200 lbs.
- Visually assess and monitor patients efforts at mobility.
- Observe and comprehend written format in a medical chart.
- Provide physical assistance to patients during mobility training.
- Determine patients' verbal responses during evaluation and treatment activities.
- Display concentration and attention span for brief and extended periods of time (up to 90 minutes) to perform tasks including patient evaluations, patient treatments, participation discharge panels, participation in continuing education activities).
- Commute between office space and patient treatment locations.
- Physical Therapy License, Illinois Department of Professional Regulations.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Physical Therapy if graduate before 2002. Master of Science or Doctorate in Physical Therapy if graduate after 2002.
- Basic Life Support - American Heart Association.
- Ability to lift/carry weight of up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to push/pull with 50 pounds of force.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Phlebotomist- Diagnostic Testing Center, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Remote Inpatient Coder I - Hospital Billing, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Centralized Scheduling Rep, Full-time, Days Wheaton, Illinois
- Administrative Tech - Pediatrics, Part-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs