Philanthropy Program Director, Oncology - NM Foundation, Full-time, DaysChicago, Illinois Job REQID 3077 Job Function Philanthropy/Fundraising Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
The Program Director, Philanthropy reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Program Director, Philanthropy will lead planning and implementation activities for Northwestern Memorial Foundation. They are responsible for initiating and furthering NMHC’s relationships with benefactors and prospective benefactors of their portfolio. Program Director, Philanthropy will plan, implement and manage fundraising initiatives to support programs supporting the strategic imperatives of NMF.
- Primary relationship manager for individual donors capable of a minimum gift of $50,000.
- This position reports to and works closely with the NMF Philanthropy Director of Major Gifts, with regular and coordinated input from NMF Vice President of Philanthropy.
- Create and execute the major gift team strategy as it relates to specified service line while also maintaining relationships with key internal stakeholders such as Northwestern Medicine (NM) administration, medical staff and colleagues at the Feinberg School of Medicine.
- Identify, qualify, strategize, cultivate, solicit, close and steward planned, major and principal – outright or pledged – contributions from prospective benefactors;
- Utilize domain-specific process management expertise to develop and execute fundraising strategies to achieve NMF strategic imperatives;
- Maintain a portfolio of 50-150 qualified planned and major gift prospects, including individuals, corporations, foundations, physicians and grateful patients;
- Be a liaison to priority divisions, departments and/or programs as assigned, thereby identifying NMHC priority programs and initiatives that are in line with the interests of the benefactors in his/her portfolio;
- Create proposals which secure/finalize the solicitation of contributions;
- Assist with the development and implementation of stewardship plans;
- Continually develop and enhance professional skills and core competencies;
- Practice fiscal accountability by preparing and monitoring budgets, evaluating return on investment and creating business development plans when appropriate;
- Will utilize meaningful metrics to assess outcomes and achieve goals;
- Exemplify the NM values of patients first, integrity, excellence and teamwork;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of five years in the area of philanthropy or related field
- Proven track record of fundraising success from prospective benefactors
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships within a professional, corporate environment
- Strong verbal and written skills to effectively communicate philanthropic opportunities to support medical research, programs, or innovations to principal and prospective benefactors
- The ability to effectively work within a team environment and to follow approved NMF procedures and policies
- Experience with the Raiser’s Edge database
- A high degree of professionalism, sensitivity and integrity
- Demonstrated ability to earn the confidence of a wide range of internal and external constituents
- A high level of initiative and energy
- Must have the flexibility needed to accomplish multiple objectives and projects and the ability to exercise good judgment
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of major gift practices inclusive of planned giving
- A demonstrated track record of success in securing major gifts in excess of $1 million
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of major gift practices inclusive of planned giving.
- A demonstrated track record of success in securing major gifts in excess of $1 million.
- 5 years of experience in securing six- and seven-figure gifts from individuals.
- Prior healthcare fundraising experience
- Advanced degree
- Public speaking and presentation skills
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Staff Nurse PhysGrp, RMG Dermatology, Naperville, Full-time, days Naperville, Illinois
- Patient Service Representative - Integrative Medicine, Full-time (40 hours), Days Chicago, Illinois
- Senior Application Analyst - Workforce Systems Kronos, Full time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Patient Services Rep, ICC Wheaton, Part-time, days Wheaton, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs