Philanthropy Manager - Donor Relations, Stewardship, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Foundation Job REQID 15800 Job Function Management-Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Philanthropy Manager reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Philanthropy Manager, Donor Relations, Stewardship will manage a comprehensive stewardship program. The objective of the program is to reflect donor values through meaningful recognition activities and to maximize donor impact through effective gift alignment and stewardship.The Philanthropy Manager utilizes their program and process expertise to implement department objectives and organizational goals. They support the development and reporting of performance metrics, monitoring of work plans/products, and the coordination of resources. The Philanthropy Manager effectively communicates, manages resources and works collaboratively across all teams and levels.
NMF raises funds to support the health system’s strategic goals to deliver exceptional care and experience, advance and extend medical science and knowledge and enhance people, culture and resources through: (1) raising planned, principal and major gifts, (2) cultivating and stewarding donors, and (3) fostering a culture of philanthropy at NMHC.
- Demonstrate program expertise and clear leadership with the ability to manage both programs and team members, articulating concise deliverables and adapting to the evolving needs of both;
- In conjunction with NMF leadership and department Director, sets annual programmatic and financial goals for NMF. Develops and implements short- and long-term objectives to meet those goals in partnership with staff across business units;
- Demonstrate strong ability to illustrate and effectively present complex and planning scenarios at a variety of technical levels to advisors, colleagues and donors/prospects;
- Develop, manage and professionally grow a high-functioning team;
- Develop and manage an operating budget;
- Maintain and/or develop organization-wide and departmental policies/procedures relevant to areas of responsibility;
- Participate in professional development opportunities to continuously strengthen leadership capabilities;
- Represent and provide support for NMF at appropriate events related to donor cultivation, stewardship and fundraising activities. This includes interactions with various levels of donors and constituents, both internally and externally;
- Respond to unanticipated complex issues as well as manage critical and confidential information;
- Utilize meaningful metrics to assess outcomes and achieve goals;
- Exemplify the NMHC values of patients first, integrity, excellence and teamwork;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Oversee the creation, writing, and delivery of major gift stewardship materials (gifts of $50,000 or more).
- Responsible for managing the execution and implementation of key stewardship strategies that will support donor retention growth.
- Lead the development of and execution of compelling and individualized stewardship strategies for principal gift donors.
- Responsible for new and innovative ideas on how to best steward Northwestern Memorial Foundation donors. Including but not limited to: virtual gratitude communication, customizable holiday outreach, etc.
- Oversee the inventory and delivery of donor recognition opportunities, including named spaces, plaques, and other custom recognition. Partner with the NMF events team to ensure the effectiveness of donor recognition events.
- Oversee the production of custom gift receipts/acknowledgements for gifts and commitments of $500,000 or more.
- In coordination with the Philanthropy Program Director, Donor Relations, this individual will draft new Donor Relations policies and oversee the creation of new Donor Relations procedures as needed. Will ensure that these policies and procedures are written, readily available within NMF, and updated annually.
- Ensure that all planned and executed efforts to thank, celebrate, recognize and report impact to donors are tracked according to NMF’s data and document management policies.
- Communicate complex ideas with colleagues at all levels of the organization; must be an effective writer and speaker.
- Identifying, benchmark, track and utilize meaningful metrics to assess and improve donor retention as well as achieve goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of equivalent work experience;
- 5+ years of experience in a fundraising, community outreach, healthcare or development position with a proven track record, preferably in a non-profit organization;
- Ability to earn the confidence of a wide range of internal and external constituents and to network within a professional, corporate environment;
- Demonstrated project management, organizational, analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent oral, communication and interpersonal skills;
- High degree of professionalism, sensitivity, and integrity;
- Strong intellectual curiosity, initiative and highly effective listening/communication skills;
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, communicate effectively and track details;
- Demonstrated high levels of leadership and flexibility in a team environment;
- Comfort leading projects, setting priorities for a team, thinking creatively and working as both a collaborative team member and leader;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Healthcare fundraising experience;
- Public speaking and presentation skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Raiser’s Edge database.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Medical Care Center, Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - CDH Surgical Care Unit (Post Operative Care Unit), Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-o Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Mother/Baby) Full Time, Nights Lake Forest, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Observation) Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs