Philanthropy Manager - Donor Relations, Proposals, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Foundation Job REQID 15799 Job Function Management-Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Philanthropy Manager reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Reporting to and working in close collaboration with the Philanthropy Program Director, Donor Relations, the Philanthropy Manager, Donor Relations, Proposals at Northwestern Memorial Foundation (NMF) will manage and oversee all major gift solicitation materials. The Philanthropy Manager utilizes their program and process expertise to implement department objectives and organizational goals. They support the development and reporting of performance metrics, monitoring of work plans/products, and the coordination of resources. The Manager, Philanthropy effectively communicates, manages resources and works collaboratively across all teams and levels. .
NMF raises funds to support the health system’s strategic goals to deliver exceptional care and experience, advance and extend medical science and knowledge and enhance people, culture and resources through: (1) raising planned, principal and major gifts, (2) cultivating and stewarding donors, and (3) fostering a culture of philanthropy at NMHC.
- Demonstrate program expertise and clear leadership with the ability to manage both programs and team members, articulating concise deliverables and adapting to the evolving needs of both;
- In conjunction with NMF leadership and department Director, sets annual programmatic and financial goals for NMF. Develops and implements short- and long-term objectives to meet those goals in partnership with staff across business units;
- Demonstrate strong ability to illustrate and effectively present complex and planning scenarios at a variety of technical levels to advisors, colleagues and donors/prospects;
- Develop, manage and professionally grow a high-functioning team;
- Develop and manage an operating budget;
- Maintain and/or develop organization-wide and departmental policies/procedures relevant to areas of responsibility;
- Participate in professional development opportunities to continuously strengthen leadership capabilities;
- Represent and provide support for NMF at appropriate events related to donor cultivation, stewardship and fundraising activities. This includes interactions with various levels of donors and constituents, both internally and externally;
- Respond to unanticipated complex issues as well as manage critical and confidential information;
- Utilize meaningful metrics to assess outcomes and achieve goals;
- Exemplify the NMHC values of patients first, integrity, excellence and teamwork;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Oversee the creation, writing, and delivery of all major gift proposals (gifts of $50,000 or more).
- Lead the development and execution of individualized proposals for principal gift donors.
- Use data visualization techniques to clearly and concisely illustrate the need for support, including infographics to help describe the need.
- Brainstorm new and innovative ideas on custom solicitations for Northwestern Memorial Foundation donors.
- Translate customized proposal information into multi-use pieces that can be delivered to donors through multi-channel methods.
- Create narrative(s) to articulate relevant health system/clinical achievements, visionary needs and aspirations, strategic objectives, program summaries, and other information about fundraising initiatives. Proposal messaging must collectively make persuasive, compelling arguments for philanthropic gift support.
- Oversee processes to continuously identify, qualify and track fundraising initiatives across Northwestern Memorial HealthCare; manage the database for housing these initiatives.
- In coordination with the Philanthropy Program Director, Donor Relations, this individual will draft new Donor Relations policies and oversee the creation of new Donor Relations procedures as needed. Will ensure that these policies and procedures are written, readily available within NMF, and updated annually.
- Experience working with design software, such as Adobe InDesign.
- Communicate complex ideas with colleagues at all levels of the organization; must be an effective writer and speaker.
- Identify, benchmark, track and utilize meaningful metrics to assess and improve donor solicitations as well as achieve goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of equivalent work experience;
- 5+ years of experience in a fundraising, community outreach, healthcare or development position with a proven track record, preferably in a non-profit organization;
- Ability to earn the confidence of a wide range of internal and external constituents and to network within a professional, corporate environment;
- Demonstrated project management, organizational, analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent oral, communication and interpersonal skills;
- High degree of professionalism, sensitivity, and integrity;
- Strong intellectual curiosity, initiative and highly effective listening/communication skills;
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, communicate effectively and track details;
- Demonstrated high levels of leadership and flexibility in a team environment;
- Comfort leading projects, setting priorities for a team, thinking creatively and working as both a collaborative team member and leader;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Healthcare fundraising experience;
- Public speaking and presentation skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Raiser’s Edge database.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Medical Care Center, Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - CDH Surgical Care Unit (Post Operative Care Unit), Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-o Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Mother/Baby) Full Time, Nights Lake Forest, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Observation) Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs