Philanthropy Manager - Database Management, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Foundation Job REQID 17518 Job Function Management-Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Philanthropy Manager reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Philanthropy Manager, Database Management serves as the staff leader and in-house staff expert for the Raiser’s Edge donor database. The manager oversees a team that provides all NMF staff with data generation and analysis, documentation, Raiser’s Edge training, process improvement and communication to ensure all parties are fully-informed of data updates and that data integrity is constantly advancing. This position reports to the Director, Philanthropy Operations.
NMF raises funds to support the health system’s strategic goals to deliver exceptional care and experience, advance and extend medical science and knowledge and enhance people, culture and resources through: (1) raising planned, principal and major gifts, (2) cultivating and stewarding donors, and (3) fostering a culture of philanthropy at NMHC.
- Demonstrate program expertise and clear leadership with the ability to manage both programs and team members, articulating concise deliverables and adapting to the evolving needs of both;
- In conjunction with NMF leadership and department Director, sets annual programmatic and financial goals for NMF. Develops and implements short- and long-term objectives to meet those goals in partnership with staff across business units;
- Demonstrate strong ability to illustrate and effectively present complex and planning scenarios at a variety of technical levels to advisors, colleagues and donors/prospects;
- Develop, manage and professionally grow a high-functioning team;
- Develop and manage an operating budget;
- Maintain and/or develop organization-wide and departmental policies/procedures relevant to areas of responsibility;
- Participate in professional development opportunities to continuously strengthen leadership capabilities;
- Represent and provide support for NMF at appropriate events related to donor cultivation, stewardship and fundraising activities. This includes interactions with various levels of donors and constituents, both internally and externally;
- Respond to unanticipated complex issues as well as manage critical and confidential information;
- Utilize meaningful metrics to assess outcomes and achieve goals;
- Exemplify the NMHC values of patients first, integrity, excellence and teamwork;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Database Management Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent, high-quality customer service to colleagues, donors and vendors;
- Ensure quality control in the use of the Raiser’s Edge database and, in partnership with stakeholders, implement solutions to support foundation-wide initiatives and business practices;
- Manage the systemization of a universal coding scheme in Raiser’s Edge;
- Perform complex metrics analysis and data reporting to support all NMF teams;
- Create custom reports not otherwise accessible within a “canned” database configuration;
- Integrate data transmitted from external sources into Raiser’s Edge efficiently, ensuring integration and reconciliation consistent with business requirements and processes;
- Liaison to Blackbaud (Raiser’s Edge), NMHC Information Services and external consultants (if applicable) for support of Raiser’s Edge software integration with other affiliate donor databases;
- Fulfill ad hoc database analysis to multiple stakeholders;
- Direct and assist NMF staff in use of Raiser’s Edge for basic queries and data entry with the goal of enabling all staff members, and “Power Users” in particular, to easily access the information they need, while maintaining high quality and security standards;
- Oversee training curriculum for new and existing Raiser’s Edge users;
- Manage and execute cleanup and improvement projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of equivalent work experience;
- 5+ years of experience in a fundraising, community outreach, healthcare or development position with a proven track record, preferably in a non-profit organization;
- Ability to earn the confidence of a wide range of internal and external constituents and to network within a professional, corporate environment;
- Demonstrated project management, organizational, analysis and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent oral, communication and interpersonal skills;
- High degree of professionalism, sensitivity, and integrity;
- Strong intellectual curiosity, initiative and highly effective listening/communication skills;
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, communicate effectively and track details;
- Demonstrated high levels of leadership and flexibility in a team environment;
- Comfort leading projects, setting priorities for a team, thinking creatively and working as both a collaborative team member and leader;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Healthcare fundraising experience;
- Public speaking and presentation skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Raiser’s Edge database.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Medical Care Center, Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - CDH Surgical Care Unit (Post Operative Care Unit), Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-o Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Mother/Baby) Full Time, Nights Lake Forest, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Observation) Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs