Philanthropy Coordinator - Proposals, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Foundation Job REQID 32411 Job Function Philanthropy/Fundraising Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Philanthropy Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Philanthropy Coordinator performs a critical support role on Northwestern Memorial Foundation’s (NMF) fundraising team. They are responsible for working with NMF philanthropy associates, managers, directors, vice presidents and other NMF team members to coordinate activities and initiatives, completing projects as assigned.
NMF raises funds to support the health system’s strategic goals to deliver exceptional care and experience, advance and extend medical science and knowledge and enhance people, culture and resources through: (1) raising planned, principal and major gifts, (2) cultivating and stewarding donors, and (3) fostering a culture of philanthropy at NMHC.
Reporting to the Philanthropy Manager, Proposals, the Philanthropy Coordinator, Proposals at Northwestern Memorial Foundation (NMF) will support the creation, writing, and delivery of all major gift proposals (gifts of $50,000 or more).
The ideal candidate will:
- Oversee the content development of donor-facing informational two-page “sell sheets” on various programs or initiatives throughout Northwestern Medicine.
- Create narrative(s) to articulate relevant health system/clinical achievements, visionary needs and aspirations, strategic objectives, program summaries and other information about fundraising initiatives. Proposal messaging must collectively make persuasive, compelling arguments for philanthropic gift support.
- Translate customized proposal information into multi-use pieces that can be delivered to donors through multi-channel methods.
- Use data visualization techniques to clearly and concisely illustrate the need for support, including infographics to help describe the need.
- Brainstorm new and innovative ideas on custom solicitations for Northwestern Memorial Foundation donors.
- Oversee processes to continuously identify, qualify and track fundraising initiatives across Northwestern Medicine; as well as manage the database for housing these initiatives.
- Ideally have experience working with design software, such as Adobe InDesign.
- Be able to communicate complex ideas with colleagues at all levels of the organization; must be an effective writer and speaker.
- Be responsible for various routine financial processes in support of donor relations activities, including invoicing, check-requests, and external fund transfers as required.
- Ensure that all planned and executed efforts cultivate and solicit donors are tracked according to NMF’s data management policies.
- Be excellent at proofreading, data-entry and utilizing various software tools.
- Provide administrative support, including data analysis and reporting, membership rosters and list management;
- Communicate (both verbally and in writing) with a wide range of donors, departments, employees, vendors, physicians, board members and volunteers; and serve as a liaison on behalf of NMF to foster strong donor and working relationships;
- Utilize database to document and support fundraising initiatives and activities of the team;
- Serve as team’s database power user owning and accessing the data as part of assigned duties or in fulfillment of assigned roles or functions within philanthropy. This includes following policies and reporting concerns related to data management and protection;
- Research and develop internal and external communications including presentations, speaking points, correspondence and other written materials;
- Administer and track expenses; master the NMHC administrative systems including adhering to department and company financial policies; creating purchase orders and check requests; and processing invoices for payment against purchase order or general expense reimbursement;
- Provide essential support functions including calendar management support for the department leadership; facilitate and schedule meetings; book meeting rooms; arrange for catering; confirm attendance; and support in preparation and distribution of materials as necessary;
- Manage telephone operations; answer, screen, and direct telephone calls;
- Perform office management tasks including ordering and organizing office supplies; logistical coordination for office initiatives and events; assisting with building management requests; serving as a point person for administrative and operational needs of the relevant office location;
- Maintain procedure manuals; ensure appropriate communication to staff of changes in procedures;
- Participate in professional development opportunities to continuously strengthen leadership capabilities;
- Represent and provide support for NMF at appropriate events related to donor cultivation, stewardship and fundraising activities. This includes interactions with various levels of donors and constituents, both internally and externally;
- Respond to unanticipated complex issues and manages critical and confidential information;
- Utilize meaningful metrics to assess outcomes and achieve goals;
- Exemplify the NMHC values of patients first, integrity, excellence and teamwork;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years equivalent work experience;
- 1+ years of experience in a fundraising, community outreach, healthcare or administrative support position, preferably in a non-profit organization;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Ability to organize and think independently with orientation to deadline and detail;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- High degree of professionalism, sensitivity and integrity;
- Strong intellectual curiosity, initiative, and highly effective listening and communication skills;
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, communicate effectively, track details;
- Demonstrate a high level of flexibility in a team environment;
- Comfort handling multiple projects, accurately setting priorities on a regular basis, thinking creatively and working as a collaborative team member.
- Fundraising industry experience.
- Healthcare industry experience.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge database.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Registered Nurse- PH Perinatal, Casual, Nights Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Oncology -Sg4 North - Part-Time, Days - Sign On-Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time Days - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Med Surg Hp3, Full-Time, Days, - Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs