Philanthropy Coordinator - Gift Administration, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Foundation Job REQID 8969 Job Function Philanthropy/Fundraising Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Philanthropy Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Provides administrative support, including gift acknowledgement processes, data analysis and reporting, membership rosters and list management
- Communicates (both verbally and in writing) with a wide range of donors, departments, employees, vendors, physicians, board members and volunteers; and serves as a liaison on behalf of NMF to foster strong donor and working relationships
- Provides essential support functions including calendar management support for the department leadership, facilitates and schedules meetings, books meeting rooms, arranges for catering, confirms attendance, and supports in preparation and distribution of materials as necessary
- Utilizes Raisers Edge database to document and support fundraising initiatives and activities of the team
- Manages telephone operations; answers, screens, and directs telephone calls
- Represents and provides support for NMF at appropriate events related to donor cultivation, stewardship and fundraising activities. This includes interactions with various levels of donors and colleagues, both internally and externally
- Administers and tracks expenses, identifies variances and reports them to the department leadership, masters the NM administrative systems, has a complete understanding of the department and company financial policies, creates purchase orders and check requests, and processes invoices for payment against purchase order or general expense reimbursement
- Perform office management tasks: ordering and organizing office supplies, logistical coordination for office initiatives and events, assist with building management requests, provide backup phone and staffing coverage, serve as a point person for administrative and operational needs of the relevant office location
- Research and develop internal and external communications including presentations, speaking points, correspondence and other written materials
- Responds to unanticipated complex issues and manages critical and confidential information
- Maintains procedure manuals; ensures appropriate communication to staff of changes in procedures
- May support additional projects as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1-3 years of experience in a fundraising, community outreach or administrative support position, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to organize and think independently with orientation to deadline and detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Healthcare industry experience.
- Experience with Raisers Edge database.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Quality Documentation Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Quality Utilization Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Social Worker (Transitional Care), Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Full-time, Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs