Philanthropy Coordinator - Gift Administration, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Foundation Job REQID 32951 Job Function Philanthropy/Fundraising Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Philanthropy Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
NMF raises funds to support the health system’s strategic goals to deliver exceptional care and experience, advance and extend medical science and knowledge and enhance people, culture and resources through: (1) raising planned, principal and major gifts, (2) cultivating and stewarding donors, and (3) fostering a culture of philanthropy at NMHC.
The Philanthropy Coordinator, Gift Administrationprovides administrative and project management support to ensure donations are accurately and efficiently received, recorded, and receipted per donor intent. This person must be proactive, detail driven, professional, use sound business judgment, follow tasks through completion, possess a high level of comfort working within a team structure, and have confidence communicating within the team, the Foundation, other NMHC departments, and donors.
- Process complex direct mail, whitemail, online, event, and other transactions, while tracking process and performance trends to inform continual process improvement measures.
- Produce gift communication items such as tax receipt documentation and pledge reminders.
- Ensure integrity of records in the donor databased associated with received gifts, following and applying pre-established guidelines through a balance of situational analysis and rule application.
- Assist with quality assurance projects related to direct mail, online, event, and other transactions.
- Field questions from Donors, Fundraisers, the Foundation, and Finance department regarding donor intent, processing of transactions, and gift communication items.
- Exemplify the NMHC values of patients first, integrity, excellence and teamwork;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years equivalent work experience;
- 1+ years of experience in a fundraising, community outreach, healthcare or administrative support position, preferably in a non-profit organization;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Ability to organize and think independently with orientation to deadline and detail;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- High degree of professionalism, sensitivity and integrity;
- Strong intellectual curiosity, initiative, and highly effective listening and communication skills;
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, communicate effectively, track details;
- Demonstrate a high level of flexibility in a team environment;
- Comfort handling multiple projects, accurately setting priorities on a regular basis, thinking creatively and working as a collaborative team member.
- Fundraising industry experience.
- Healthcare industry experience.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge database.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Immediate Care Physician - South Suburbs (Orland Park) Orland Park, Illinois
- Endoscopy Tech- Full Time, Days Geneva, Illinois
- Occupational Therapist- Part Time, Days Warrenville, Illinois
- Occupational Therapist- Casual, Rotating Shifts Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs