Philanthropy Associate - Planned Giving, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Foundation Job REQID 16753 Job Function Philanthropy/Fundraising Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Philanthropy Associatereflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Philanthropy Associate performs a critical role on Northwestern Memorial Foundation’s (NMF) fundraising team. They are responsible for working with NMF managers, directors, vice presidents and other NMF team members to administer and coordinate activities and initiatives, completing projects as assigned.
NMF raises funds to support the health system’s strategic goals to deliver exceptional care and experience, advance and extend medical science and knowledge and enhance people, culture and resources through: (1) raising planned, principal and major gifts, (2) cultivating and stewarding donors, and (3) fostering a culture of philanthropy at NMHC.
- The Philanthropy Associate of Planned Giving will report to the Program Director of Planned Giving.
- Maintain a portfolio of qualified planned gift donors.
- Meet an individual fundraising goal of $1M
- Work with program directors to create proposals which secure/finalize the solicitation of contributions.
- Assist and implement planned giving strategy and plans.
- Administer and coordinate philanthropy projects supporting fundraising programs. Those projects may include, but are not limited to: work plan development/implementation, requirements analysis, budgets, resource identification and allocation, solution development, information distribution, meeting facilitation, rollout strategies and overall performance reporting;
- Develop and maintain productive and professional relationships with donors, prospects, volunteers, vendors and team members, serving as a link between multiple parties and entities.
- Effectively handle or escalate problems that arise within the project team or issues with donors, and implement mitigation strategies as needed to achieve the desired results;
- Prepare and/or execute effective and efficient communication mechanisms which enable continuous exchange of project status, ideas and information, project developments among team members, NMHC Executives (project sponsors); donors, volunteers, vendor partners and others as appropriate;
- Create and execute project work plans, revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements;
- In partnership with a manager, program director, director or vice president, utilize project management tools to ensure accuracy for philanthropy project planning, procurement and budgeting;
- Research and develop internal and external communications including presentations, speaking points, correspondence and other written materials;
- Participate in professional development opportunities to continuously strengthen leadership capabilities;
- Represent and provide support for NMF at appropriate events related to donor cultivation, stewardship and fundraising activities. This includes interactions with various levels of donors and constituents, both internally and externally;
- Respond to unanticipated complex issues as well as manage critical and confidential information;
- Utilize meaningful metrics to assess outcomes and achieve goals;
- Exemplify the NMHC values of patients first, integrity, excellence and teamwork;
- Maintain meeting, phone and written correspondence within Raiser’s Edge.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in a fundraising, community outreach, healthcare or development position with a proven track record, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Ability to organize and think independently with orientation to deadline and detail
- Demonstrated project management, organizational, analysis and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with peers and constituents at all levels of the organization
- Excellent oral, communication and interpersonal skills
- High degree of professionalism, sensitivity and integrity
- Strong intellectual curiosity, initiative and highly effective listening/communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, communicate effectively and track details
- Demonstrate a high level of flexibility in a team environment
- Comfort handling multiple projects, accurately setting priorities on a regular basis, thinking creatively and working as a collaborative team member
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Healthcare fundraising experience
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of Raiser’s Edge database
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Phlebotomist- Diagnostic Testing Center, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Remote Inpatient Coder I - Hospital Billing, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Centralized Scheduling Rep, Full-time, Days Wheaton, Illinois
- Administrative Tech - Pediatrics, Part-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs