Pharmacy Technician Specialist-Specialty Pharmacy Services, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 21432 Job Function Pharmacy Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Pharmacy Technician Specialistreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Initiates and facilitates all drug purchasing for the pharmacy department.
- Monitors stock levels; evaluates previous purchasing and utilization patterns, and anticipates needs.
- Maintains appropriate drug inventories.
- Coordinates the receipt of all deliveries, restocks storage areas and rotates stock as necessary.
- Develops and maintains sources and mechanisms to obtain drug supplies on an emergency basis interacting with local hospitals, pharmacies, alternative vendors, etc.
- Facilitates all returns and credits of expired or unneeded drugs.
- Takes appropriate action on drug recalls.
- Processes inter-department billing. Performs monthly pharmacy unit inspections.
- Delivers medications and floor stock to various hospital departments and nursing units.
- Rectifies with vendors all problems associated with receipt of orders, back orders, shipping errors and incorrect pricing.
- Maintains purchasing records including invoices, purchase orders, catalogs and historical records.
- Prepares and distributes purchasing reports for the department.
- Maintains the pharmacy technician schedule.
- Assists in the development and training of new pharmacy technicians.
- Assists in weekly narcotic audits to insure accurate narcotic record keeping.
- Works with the pharmacy manager or director to identify areas of improvement in the work flow or inventory control of the pharmacy.
- Pharmacy Technician License (IDFPR)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 to 2 years specialized or technical training, or equivalent
- Pharmacy certification
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Phlebotomist- Diagnostic Testing Center, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Remote Inpatient Coder I - Hospital Billing, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Centralized Scheduling Rep, Full-time, Days Wheaton, Illinois
- Administrative Tech - Pediatrics, Part-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs