Pharmacy Technician III-Technicians, Full-time, RotatingChicago, Illinois Job REQID 5727 Job Function Pharmacy Shift Rotating Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Pharmacy Technician III reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
Under the direction of a registered pharmacist, this role performs all technical duties associated with the daily operation of the dispensing areas, performs prescription-related, unit dose-related, and sterile product-related functions, and performs manufacturing procedures that have been documented in the Department records.
- Performs all Pharmacy Technician II duties as needed.
- Prepares medication orders for inpatients.
- Prepares prescriptions for outpatients.
- Picks up orders and delivers medications to nursing units.
- Schedules intravenous admixture solutions according to the patient's medical record.
- Reports any variance from the record to a pharmacist.
- Answers the telephone according to hospital policy.
- Screens the call to determine if the call should be handled by a pharmacist or a technician.
- Enters new drug orders and renewal/refill information into the computerized patient medication profile.
- Uses the computer system to assist in all dispensing and inquiry functions.
- Compares the patient medication bin with the pharmacy and nursing record.
- Returns unnecessary and/or outdated medication to the pharmacy.
- Reconciles use records and reports any discrepancies to a pharmacist.
- Receives, prepares, and distributes floor stock requisitions and requisitions for other clinical locations.
- Compounds dosage forms needed for dispensing to patients.
- Assists in maintaining adequate inventory levels in the dispensing areas.
- Packages extemporaneous and STAT single doses of medications under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- Prepares and maintains the emergency medication systems.
- Prepares sterile products for administration to patients.
- Selects proper diluents and vehicles and determines the appropriate stability.
- Prepares cytotoxic agents for administration, employing hospital and department aseptic and protective procedures.
- Plans and performs the daily tasks required to provide department services under the direction of a pharmacist.
- Prepares and delivers narcotics and narcotic admixtures.
- Conducts narcotic perpetual inventories as directed.
- Meets quality and quantity requirements for new orders, unit doses, and IV admixtures.
- Ensures compliance with hazardous waste collection and disposal procedures.
- Pharmacy Technician License (IDFPR), Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) certification through PTCB required for all those licensed after 2008. Newly licensed Technicians have 2 years from license effective date to obtain their CPhT.
- Illinois Pharmacy Technician License within first 60 days of hire
- High School Diploma.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician
- Completion of a Technician Training Program
- Previous Experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Access Specialist, Grayslake, Full - Time Grayslake, Illinois
- Patient Access Specialist- Customer Service, Part-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - Neuro Spine ICU, Full-time, Nights Chicago, Illinois
- Operations Coordinator - Supply Chain Logistics Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs