Pharmacy Procurement Specialist II-Procurement Services, Full-time DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 98606 Job Function Supply Chain Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Pharmacy Procurement Coordinator reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Acts in a lead role on behalf of the NMHC Procurement Services Division in the transaction management component for the procurement of medications and other pharmaceutical supplies:
- interacts with management, department and affiliate personnel, physicians, vendors and other suppliers
- Facilitates support of NM approved contracts and suppliers
- Negotiates pricing for non-contract covered categories
- Acts as a resource for hospital departments and affiliates
- Establishes inventory and par levels for medications and other pharmaceutical supplies
- Participates in facilitating the evaluation of proposed products for numerous spend categories or services in support of departments and the NM Patients First mission.
- Consistently meets established departmental KPIs in support of efficient and effective procurement transactions.
- Optimizes inventory for physician clinics and sets appropriate par levels.
- Setup of new accounts with pharmaceutical wholesalers.
- Coordinates the direct shipment program with wholesalers.
- Ensures accurate GPO tier level pricing and local contract pricing is loaded for access.
- Processes supply and pharmaceutical requisitions using the NM ERP, consistent with NM policies and procedures.
- Establishes annual preventative vaccine and flu vaccine pre-booking orders.
- Reviews budgeted expense for drugs and identifies variance issues.
- Responds to questions placed by internal customers within the same day and no later than 1 business day of request.
- Monitors and communicates back-orders in a timely manner to the end user and assists with sourcing alternate products if necessary.
- Maintains good communication with Accounts Payable in resolving Match Exceptions.
- Directs new vendor requestors to the vendor portal for information and registration.
- Provides feedback to Vendor Team regarding updates of current vendors.
- Can communicate and educate end users regarding procurement policies, procedures and processes.
- Uses organizational and unit/department resources efficiently and effectively.
- Manages work schedule efficiently, completing tasks and assignments on time.
- Contributes to opportunities and processes for continuous improvement.
- Participates in efforts to streamline and standardize work processes.
- Represents the department on various work groups or committees as assigned and implements committee decisions as required.
- Monitors self in relation to meeting established department KPIs and can communicate accomplishments and opportunities for improvement utilizing the mid-year and annual performance appraisal tool.
- A minimum of five years of experience in an aspect of healthcare supply chain management with a demonstrated track record of accomplishments. OR
- A minimum of five years of experience as a Purchasing Agent/Buyer for the pharmaceutical industry.
- Five years of healthcare purchasing or supply chain related experience.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing OpportunitiesSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More