Pharmacy Practice Coord-Pharm - Inventory Biling, Full-time, DaysChicago, Illinois Job REQID 3319 Job Function Pharmacy Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, youll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Under the direction of the Pharmacy Manager, the Pharmacy 340B Practice Coordinator exists to provide ongoing program development and coordination support for the Federally Qualified Health Center – Rural Referral Center designated 340B Hospital Outpatient, Specialty Pharmacy, and Retail/Contract Pharmacy Programs for Northwestern Memorial Hospital. The 340B Practice Coordinator’s key areas of responsibility will include, but not limited to: oversight of 340B pharmacy team, drug purchasing, inventory processes, monthly reporting, split-billing software maintenance, audits, contract pharmacy programs, and all required areas of regulatory compliance.
Information normally available when solving problems and making decisions in this position is often difficult to ascertain; determining and gathering appropriate information requires research. The method of analysis normally required to solve problems in this position requires examining and analyzing information in accordance with generally defined professional principles and practices. Decisions made in this position could positively or negatively affect the entire hospital. Work is guided by NMH policies, established strategies and plans. Normally subject to administrative level guidance and periodic review of goal achievement in relation to agreed upon strategies.
· Serves as the 340B content expert and primary liaison between all internal and external stakeholders including wholesale distributors, contract pharmacies, manufacturers, legal counsel, prime vendor, supply chain, 340B Health, HRSA/OPA, other members of the pharmacy leadership team and others as relates to the operation and management of contract and 340B program business.
· In collaboration with pharmacy leadership, corporate compliance, and 340B consulting team, develops and implements 340B regulatory compliance policies and procedures and other necessary approaches to ensure a high level of regulatory compliance and readiness for HRSA and/or drug manufacturer audits.
· Coordinates CDM-NDC crosswalk maintenance, drug record build, and charge capture.
Required in addition to those outlined in the Pharmacy Practice Coordinator job description:
· Demonstrated knowledge of 340B program regulatory and compliance procedures as well as program issues, trends, and challenges.
· Knowledge of pharmacy systems, analytics requirements, and purchasing and inventory management within a healthcare environment.
· The ability to analyze and report data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
· Effective organizational skills and flexibility to meet deadlines.
· Ability and qualifications to supervise and coordinate the work of subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
· Approachable, people oriented, and a good listener.
· Is a change agent able to develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures.
· Exhibits a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm, combined with the ability to build relationships with businesses and key stakeholders.
Preferred in addition to those outlined in the Pharmacy Practice Coordinator job description:
· Completion of an ASHP-accredited PGY-2 Health Systems Pharmacy Administration and Leadership residency program or equivalent hospital pharmacy experience
· 340B pharmacy team members including, but not limited to, 340B informatics pharmacist, 340B contract pharmacy technician coordinator, 340B hospital technician coordinator, and a 340B specialty pharmacy technician coordinator
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Nurse Practitioner ONLY - Psychiatry (Psychiatric), Full-time, Days DeKalb, Illinois
- Outpatient Nurse - Cardiac Lab, Part-time, Rotating Shifts DeKalb, Illinois
- Monitor Tech - Telemetry, Full-time, Rotating Shifts DeKalb, Illinois
- Charge Nurse - ICU, Full-time, Days DeKalb, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs