Patient Service Representative - GU/Oncology Full-Time DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 91967 Job Function Customer Service Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Patient Service Representative reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Patient Service Representative supports the service area by checking patients in and out of appointments. This role will consistently demonstrate exemplary customer service when assisting patients and guests.
- Communicates with patients and guests including greeting them upon arrival, confirming identity and providing necessary information related to their visit.
- Completes check-in/out functions as directed.
- Confirms and updates patient identification and demographic/insurance information.
- Completes patient registration as needed.
- Obtains patient consents/authorizations.
- Collects co-payments, past due balances and point of service payments.
- Posts payments, process billing information and perform “end of day” cash drawer closing.
- Keeps waiting area clean and comfortable.
- Informs patients of any delays or changes in appointment status.
- Schedules appointments as necessary.
- For PSRs in the Immediate Care Clinics (ICC), float to other ICCs/departments.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Zero (0) to two (2) years experience in a customer service position.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing CareersSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More