Patient Relations Liaison - Interpretation Services, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 65770 Job Function Customer Service Shift Day Job (1st) Pay rates are dependent upon experience. The minimum starting hourly rate for this position is 29.45 Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Patient Relations Liaison reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Patient Relations Liaison performs as the patient advocate to ensure that patients and their families successfully communicate their needs to the Northwestern Medicine. As the face of the organization, facilitates the process for the prompt investigation of patient grievances as mandated in law, regulation, and accreditation (The Joint Commission) standards.
- Represent Executive Administration when during critical events and event escalation.
- Serves as a conduit to Risk Management, Safety and Quality initiatives to ensure that patient feedback is utilized for improvements.
- Collects, reviews, documents and monitors reported feedback related to care, processes,systems and staff as voiced from the patients perspective. -
- Investigates and responds to de-escalate and manage grievances, potential claims and allegations against Northwestern Medicine staff.
- Maintains thorough and timely documentation.
- Communicates with patients verbally and in writing throughout investigation.
- Collaborates with Risk Management, Claims, Billing, and leadership across the organization to resolve patient grievances in a timely manner.
- Serves as a hospital-wide resource to facilitate difficult communication and care issues; is an expert at crucial conversations.
- Works in high-stress environments; uses interpersonal skills to de-escalate issues with unusual, critical circumstances.
- Remains calm and in control of their own emotions in response to unsolicited provocation.
- Recommends necessary changes in policies, procedures, and services as identified through an investigative process.
- Facilitates education and assistance to patients and staff regarding Patients Rights for legislative and regulatory compliance.
- Serves as a primary communicator between the patient and NM leadership during the investigation, resolution and recovery process.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree
- Minimum 3 years experience in Patient-Relations with proven success in conflict resolution
- Bachelors in Nursing, Psychology, Health Care Administration or related fields
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs