Patient Liaison - BCVI Vein Center, Full-Time, DaysChicago, Illinois Job REQID 8778 Job Function Customer Service Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Patient Liaison reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Manages schedules to make best use of all resources including providers, rooms and equipment.
- Performs schedule maintenance activities such as opening and closing clinic templates and coordinates care alternatives for patients impacted by changes.
- Communicates with patients and/or clinical staff as necessary to ensure patient compliance with prescribed treatment plan.
- Assists Practice Manager with data collection and analysis related to physician productivity and resource utilization.
- Facilitates the resolution/prevention of billing errors and denials including obtaining pre-certifications or referrals as needed.
- Registers patients and schedules or coordinates the scheduling of appointments.
- Provides patient education information and/or materials as needed.
- Maintains a strong relationship with patients, internal providers and staff, external hospital departments, physician offices and vendors.
- Answers all incoming inquiries from patients, providers, staff and others related to all aspects of practice operations.
- Conducts follow-up with patients to ensure compliance with all testing, prescriptions and the plan of care.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 2 years previous healthcare experience.
- Experience in a customer service role.
- Bachelors degree.
- Previous experience with an electronic medical record system.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Insurance Verification Representative - Durable Medical Equipment, Full-time, Days McHenry, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (KD) Palatine, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (SR) Carmel, Indiana
- Talent Acquisition Professional- Human Resources, Full-time, Days Warrenville, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs