Patient Access Associate - Neurological Testing Center, Full-time, DaysChicago, Illinois Job REQID 8859 Job Function Customer Service Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Schedule is 7:15am - 3:45pm Monday through Friday
The Patient Access Associate reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Patient Access Associate is accountable for ensuring the Best Pre-service Experience for each patient seeking diagnostic services at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. The foremost duty of the Patient Access Associate is to warmly welcome each patient, convey our appreciation for their decision to choose Northwestern Memorial for their service, and present a confident, competent and knowledgeable demeanor, establishing for the patient your role as their guide through this process. Working in close partnership with the Nursing and/or Technologist Teams, the Patient Access Associate gathers and documents all information required to ensure a successful and standard diagnostic study.
The Patient Access Associate will prepare each study to effectively flow through the clinical information systems that guide the remainder of the patients experience through the interpretation of their exam. This will involve but not limited to entering patient information into the clinical information systems, printing the requisition for that exam, and gathering the patient's history and safety questionnaires. The Patient Access Associate will be certified to perform CPR and implement emergency response procedures as required. The Patient Access Associate will also be required to maintain competency in patient handling and will assist patients with changing their clothes as required.
- Greets and establishes positive first impressions with department patients, establishing a role as patient advocate, in accordance with Patient's First service standards.
- Schedules studies for patients who walk-in but cannot be immediately accommodated within the schedule.
- Correctly identifies and collects patient demographic information in accordance with hospital standards.
- Encourages teamwork through interdepartmental communication.
- Identifies potential problems and notifies the manager.
- Organizes paperwork for patients by gathering the necessary materials and monitoring progress.
- Guide patients to the changing rooms, identify and communicate any special needs, demonstrate locker functionality and monitor patients while they await their exam in the gowned waiting area.
- Enters diagnostic and testing department orders within the NMH computer systems.
- Interacts with various hospital departments and physician's offices to effectively direct patients through the NMH system in a patient/customer friendly manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma
- Minimum of one year experience in customer service or patient relations
- Excellent interpersonal verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Degree or additional training in business, communication, or healthcare
- Computer data-entry/typing experience
- Experience in a healthcare setting
- Experience with patient registration/billing systems
- Experience with automated patient scheduling
- Bilingual language skills
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Insurance Verification Representative - Durable Medical Equipment, Full-time, Days McHenry, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (KD) Palatine, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (SR) Carmel, Indiana
- Talent Acquisition Professional- Human Resources, Full-time, Days Warrenville, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs