Operations Coordinator - Supply Chain LogisticsLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 91913 Job Function Supply Chain Shift Night Job (3rd) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Operations Coordinator - SCL reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Supervises, prioritizes and adjusts work assignments to ensure timely and accurate completion of all activities for the supply chain logistics teams in assigned areas.
- Acts as a liaison on behalf of the level one manager.
- Participates in interviewing, hiring, training, progressive discipline, dismissals, and performance appraisals.
- Utilizes productivity reports to measure department performance in comparison to KPIs.
- Provides mentoring and coaching to supply chain logistics team.
- Resolves complex or critical situations involving technology, customers, staff, and other supply chain management personnel: consults with manager for guidance as needed.
- Monitors daily activity to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assists level one manager with special projects as required.
- Works with management to develop and document standard work methodologies for Supply Chain Logistics, trains staff and ensures accountability to standard work.
- Facilitates the onboarding of new staff and manages the department orientation and training.
- Creates and conducts competency assessments for new department employees.
- Ensures support of MDI and daily huddles.
- Acts as a quality assurance auditor for the Supply Chain Logistics team.
- Represents the Supply Chain Department and participates in special meeting as directed.
- Maintains local data integrity in Peoplesoft and CIMS.
- Maintains the ability to respond quickly under pressure when problems arise.
- May act as a resource and point of contact in the absence of the Manager of Supply Chain Logistics.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Excellent critical thinking abilities.
- Process improvement skills.
- 5 years of work experience as a supervisor in a hospital or healthcare environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of healthcare processes and healthcare supply chain management.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing CareersSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More