Operations Coordinator - Supply Chain & LogisticsChicago, Illinois Job REQID 7532 Job Function Management-Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
The Operations Coordinator - SCL reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Supervises, prioritizes and adjusts work assignments to ensure timely and accurate completion of all activities for the supply chain logistics teams in assigned areas.
- Acts as a liaison on behalf of the level one manager.
- Participates in interviewing, hiring, training, progressive discipline, dismissals, and performance appraisals.
- Utilizes productivity reports to measure department performance in comparison to KPIs.
- Provides mentoring and coaching to supply chain logistics team.
- Resolves complex or critical situations involving technology, customers, staff, and other supply chain management personnel: consults with manager for guidance as needed.
- Monitors daily activity to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assists level one manager with special projects as required.
- Works with management to develop and document standard work methodologies for Supply Chain Logistics, trains staff and ensures accountability to standard work.
- Facilitates the onboarding of new staff and manages the department orientation and training.
- Creates and conducts competency assessments for new department employees.
- Ensures support of MDI and daily huddles.
- Acts as a quality assurance auditor for the Supply Chain Logistics team.
- Represents the Supply Chain Department and participates in special meeting as directed.
- Maintains local data integrity in Peoplesoft and CIMS.
- Maintains the ability to respond quickly under pressure when problems arise.
- May act as a resource and point of contact in the absence of the Manager of Supply Chain Logistics.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Excellent critical thinking abilities.
- Process improvement skills.
- 5 years of work experience as a supervisor in a hospital or healthcare environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of healthcare processes and healthcare supply chain management.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt.
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Insurance Verification Representative - Durable Medical Equipment, Full-time, Days McHenry, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (KD) Palatine, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (SR) Carmel, Indiana
- Talent Acquisition Professional- Human Resources, Full-time, Days Warrenville, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs