Operations Coordinator, HB Coding, Full-time, DaysLocation Remote work from Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa, or Ohio Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 57786 Job Function General Business Shift Day Job (1st) Pay rates are dependent upon experience. The minimum starting hourly rate for this position is 29.45 Apply Now
Remote work from Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Missouri, Iowa, or Ohio
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Operations Coordinator - HB Billing reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Responsible for overseeing daily operations.
- Provides direction, orientation training, and mentoring of staff.
- Monitors all areas of Coding responsibilities pertaining to the compliance with regulatory group standards.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the division.
- Design and implement workflow processes to support continuous improvement.
- Participate in continuing education, collaborate with Coding Educators and provide education for operational processes.
- Assist with employee engagement and promote teamwork.
- Prepare division schedule for adequate daily coverage and to support management A/R goals.
- Collaborate with other divisions on maintaining content of the Team Site/SharePoint.
- Knowledge of existing technology.
- Collaborate with manager to complete staff performance reviews.
- Counsel staff when minimum required performance is not achieved.
- Review and analyze performance data.
- Responds to NMHC physicians, clinicians, support staff, regarding issues and concerns relating to the use of systems and coding results.
- Coordinates the implementation of department specific projects; leads system testing and staff training efforts.
- Provides day-to-day monitoring of staffing levels and work activity, and supports Coding management.
- Collaborates with the Epic team to ensure efficient workflows.
- Analyze and identify opportunities to reduce denials from a coding perspective.
- Assists with budget preparation, identifying ideas for increasing efficiencies and cost savings.
- Participates in other organizational meetings as required.
- Other analysis/reporting as required.
- Trains new hires and on-boards contract coders.
- Compiles monthly productivity and quality statistics and reports the results to Coding Manager.
- Through day to day interactions with staff, identifies areas of educational opportunity at an individual or team level.
- Regular travel to all NM locations/regions as specified by department manager to support team.
- Facilitates staff huddles to education team members, updates all resources on the Shared Drive.
- Assists with administrative supervisory functions such as handling requests for paid time off (PTO), creating and maintaining schedules, managing staff hours and verifying accuracy of timesheets for payroll.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of department policies and procedures.
- RHIT, RHIA or CCS credentialed.
- 5 years of coding experience in an acute healthcare setting.
- Leadership experience.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 7 years of coding experience in an acute healthcare setting.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs