Operations Analyst - Quality and Business Operation, Full-Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 62710 Job Function General Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Operations Analyst reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Business and Data Knowledge:
- Understand the financial, quality and operational environment at NMH.
- Possess an ability to collect, organize and report on data as it pertains to the business and data processes at NMH and the operational characteristics of the various departments.
- Exemplifies the effective use of information and systems to report on and improve patient care.
- Obtain, analyze and interpret financial, quality and operational data from multiple internal and external data sources.
- Maintain accurate, up to date analytical documentation and operational dashboards.
- Prepare ad hoc reports for management to understand financial, quality and operational issues.
- Work collaboratively with other departments in the hospital to assist directors and managers in budgeting, variance analysis, achieving budget targets, and setting budget targets.
- Participate in the monthly budget variance reporting processes.
- Support during budget preparation and review.
- Seek new, innovative methods to continuously improve reporting processes and workflow.
- Identify, develop and assist in the implement of key metrics to measure process performance and opportunity.
- Provide quality control - ensure 100 percent accuracy and integrity of all data elements that are reported and distributed.
- Demonstrate understanding of multiple system interfaces and workflow.
- Identify sources of truth related to data management.
- Communicates clearly, responsively, and purposely with peers, managers and directors (collectively: customers) and other stakeholders.
- Focuses on team success and promotes collaborative efforts with others.
- Able to adapt quickly to rapid change and multiple priorities from multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Respond thoroughly and promptly to customer needs.
- Follow through with customers to closure.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills are required to create behavioral changes in customers.
- Customer Focus:
- Utilizes talents, skills, and knowledge in all assignments for the purpose of delivering excellent customer service.
- Guides preparation and delivery of information by seeking a thorough understanding of the departments mission, goals, and values.
- Provide departmental and end user support related to reports and systems used within the department including:
- MS Office Suite.
- Kronos Workforce.
- External data collection and reporting systems (e.g., UHC, IDH-Report Card, NDNQI, etc).
- Train and develop staff related to reports, systems and interpretation of data.
- Professional Competencies:
- Prepares time estimates for project activities and develops project schedules, monitors performance and reports progress toward those milestones.
- Analyzes information to ensure greater integration of functions within the organization.
- Position Differentiators:
- Assists in the development of dashboards,budgets and timelines; consistent delivery and performance within established performance parameters.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills are required to create behavioral changes in customers and deal with sensitive situations.
- Maintaining required regular customer communications and reporting, keeping abreast of developments in patient care areas and tracking all analytical requests.
- Leads the effort to identify and resolve data issues with end users.
- Manages one low to medium risk projects at a time.
- Creative problem solving under the constraints of overarching management goals.
- Bachelor's degree in business or healthcare related field.
- 2-3 years of healthcare experience.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent PC-based skills using Microsoft products (Access, Excel, etc) and computer knowledge base.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Master's degree.
- Kronos Workforce experience.
- Previous experience in healthcare finance.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs