Operations Analyst Managed Care, Full TimeLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 91310 Job Function General Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Operations Analyst reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Works with multiple operations departments including Revenue Cycle, Information Systems and Access, to implement the operations of the managed care, government and special project contracts, as well as any major administrative payer requirements that have a material financial impact.
- Participates in regular meetings with the vendor in maintaining and updating the insurance on demand tool. Continuously provides feedback and recommendations for a better end user experience that provides an efficiency and ease of navigating the tool.
- Collaborates with Sr. Operations Analyst to understand and load contract logic within the Epic patient accounting system to calculate expected reimbursement accurately on billed charges, which will directly affect Accounting/Finance tasks.
- Ensures assigned payer contracts are loaded correctly into the NM system and in a timely matter and approves the testing of the reimbursement functions.
- Responsible for supporting various departments through the escalation of tickets through the Service Now portal based on the appropriately assigned payor and/or category.
- Works with Sr. Operations Analyst to create reimbursement tools with all managed care contracted rate schedules by region for the patient accounting teams to utilize when following up on managed care accounts.
- Researches and works out resolution on contract load issues resulting in discrepancy of payment.
- Performs special projects as duties as assigned by the Manager and Director, Managed Care.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Management, Communications or related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in a managed care organization, consulting firm, hospital system/hospital
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are necessary
- Strong organizations skills and experience with managed care contracting is essential
- Knowledgeable in A/R, Claims Management or Patient Accounting functions
- Proficiency in data analysis
- Five or more years of relevant experience in a managed care organization, consulting firm, hospital system/hospital.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing CareersSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More