Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Inpatient Hematology / Oncology – Stem Cell Transplant, Full-time, NightsChicago, Illinois Job REQID 624 Job Function Advanced Practice RN Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
Northwestern Medicine has an exciting opportunity for either a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to work in our inpatient Hematology and Oncology – Stem cell transplant and department of Hospital Medicine Oncology Hospitalist division. The APP will cross cover on stem cell transplant patients immediately post auto- or allo- bone marrow transplant, admit for stem cell transplant team, and admit for oncology hospitalist division. Shift: ***hours per week – split into 14 hour shifts (5pm – 7am) on weekdays, 12 hour shifts (7pm – 7am) on weekends, or 7 hour shifts (noon – 7pm) on weekends.
Demonstrates clinical expertise and expanded knowledge through patient care activities which may include diagnosis and management of a wide range of health problems. Responsible for health outcome of an assigned patient population. Confers with collaborating physician and other health professionals in area of clinical expertise. Develops appropriate educational systems for patients, families and staff in areas of expertise. Mentors graduate students in aspects of advanced practice and patient care. Actively participates in quality improvement and/or research pertinent to area of expertise.
Conducts comprehensive appraisals of patients' health status by taking health histories and performing physical examinations in clinical area. Provides direct clinical care to patients. Prescribes/orders medications, therapies; orders/interprets laboratory tests, x-rays and procedures according to clinical privileges. Evaluates patients to determine their need for further health care. Provides comprehensive teaching to patients and families. Documents in the medical record all care and education provided and/or procedures performed for which the Licensed Advanced Practice Provider is responsible. Refers to other disciplines as appropriate. Consultant to other disciplines in areas of expertise. Integrates research based knowledge and clinical expertise in decision making. Exemplifies a professional image in appearance, manner and presentation. Advocate for patients, families, coworkers, and the community. Maintains certifications and continuing education as required for licensure and privileging. Serves as a patient advocate and role model for "Patients First". Participates in unit/departmental/divisional or hospital committees/task forces as appropriate. Provides comprehensive teaching strategies for patients and their families. Develops and participates in programs to meet continuing education needs of staff. Serves as a role model and preceptor to students. Provides formal education to both internal and external groups pertinent to area of specialty. Participates in quality improvement and/or research initiatives for specific patient population as appropriate.
- Master’s degree from an accredited school/college of nursing OR master's degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program. For APN's, must have an acute care certification
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois/Current license as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois. Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse by a national certifying body as approved by the Illinois Department of Regulation APRN Board. Written collaborative agreement with a collaborating physician and once licensed may apply for a controlled substance license and DEA number OR Master’s degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program/Current license as a Physician's Assistant in the State of Illinois/Written collaborative agreement with a collaborating physician and once licensed may apply for a controlled substance license and DEA number
- Privileged and credentialed through the NMH Medical Staff Office (MSO)
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation – BLS, issued by the American Heart Association
- Minimum of one (1) year of APP experience
- Oncology experience
- 008523 Access Team Lead DeKalb, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN - Emergency Services, Full-time, Evenings Lake Forest, Illinois
- Radiographer-CT - Computed Tomography, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Nurse Clinician - Facial Plastics/Cosmetics, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs