Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Anesthesia Critical Care Medicine, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 92195 Job Function Advanced Practice RN Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Pay: Based on experience, starting at: $47.73 + per hour.
Northwestern Medicine has an exciting opportunity for either a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant to work in our inpatient Anesthesia Critical Care Medicine department. The APP will be working with our Anesthesia Critical Care team that consists of APPs, rotating anesthesia residents, and fellows. We are a consult team that works with our cardiac and thoracic surgery departments, providing care to patients after open heart surgery, heart, and lung transplants, and those with mechanical devices, including LVADs and ECMO. This is a full-time day shift ICU position that requires some weekends and holiday coverage.
Schedule: 3x13 hour day shifts/week from ~6am - ~7pm; must work up to 2 weekend shifts/month and rare holidays. No on-call required.
Demonstrates clinical expertise and expanded knowledge through patient care activities which may include diagnosis and management of a wide range of health problems. Responsible for health outcome of an assigned patient population. Confers with collaborating physician and other health professionals in area of clinical expertise. Develops appropriate educational systems for patients, families and staff in areas of expertise. Mentors graduate students in aspects of advanced practice and patient care. Actively participates in quality improvement and/or research pertinent to area of expertise.
Conducts comprehensive appraisals of patients' health status by taking health histories and performing physical examinations in clinical area. Provides direct clinical care to patients. Prescribes/orders medications, therapies; orders/interprets laboratory tests, x-rays and procedures according to clinical privileges. Evaluates patients to determine their need for further health care. Provides comprehensive teaching to patients and families. Documents in the medical record all care and education provided and/or procedures performed for which the Licensed Advanced Practice Provider is responsible. Refers to other disciplines as appropriate. Consultant to other disciplines in areas of expertise. Integrates research based knowledge and clinical expertise in decision making. Exemplifies a professional image in appearance, manner and presentation. Advocate for patients, families, coworkers, and the community. Maintains certifications and continuing education as required for licensure and privileging. Serves as a patient advocate and role model for "Patients First". Participates in unit/departmental/divisional or hospital committees/task forces as appropriate. Provides comprehensive teaching strategies for patients and their families. Develops and participates in programs to meet continuing education needs of staff. Serves as a role model and preceptor to students. Provides formal education to both internal and external groups pertinent to area of specialty. Participates in quality improvement and/or research initiatives for specific patient population as appropriate.
- Master’s degree from an accredited school/college of nursing OR master's degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Acute care certification required for APRNs
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois/Current license as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois. Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse by a national certifying body as approved by the Illinois Department of Regulation APRN Board. Once licensed may apply for a controlled substance license and DEA number OR Master’s degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program/Current license as a Physician's Assistant in the State of Illinois. Once licensed may apply for a controlled substance license and DEA number
- Privileged and credentialed through the NMH Medical Staff Office (MSO)
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation – BLS and ACLS, issued by the American Heart Association
- Open to new grads, but must have at least 2 years of previous ICU experience as an RN OR >1 clinical orientation in ICU as a PA
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Nursing CareersSearch Now
Check out our benefitsRead More
Information Services CareersRead More