Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Anesthesia Critical Care Medicine, casual/PRN, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 31760 Job Function Advanced Practice RN Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
Northwestern Medicine has an exciting opportunity for either a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to work in our inpatient Anesthesia Critical Care Medicine department. The APP will be working with a team that consists of attendings, fellows, residents, and APPs managing cardiac surgery and thoracic surgery patients in the ICU. Must work well with all the interdisciplinary teams and be actively engaged in helping with student education.
Schedule: one 12-hour shift per week, days may change week to week, weekends required, holidays are rare; no nights or on-call
Demonstrates clinical expertise and expanded knowledge through patient care activities which may include diagnosis and management of a wide range of health problems. Responsible for health outcome of an assigned patient population. Confers with collaborating physician and other health professionals in area of clinical expertise. Develops appropriate educational systems for patients, families and staff in areas of expertise. Mentors graduate students in aspects of advanced practice and patient care. Actively participates in quality improvement and/or research pertinent to area of expertise.
Conducts comprehensive appraisals of patients' health status by taking health histories and performing physical examinations in clinical area. Provides direct clinical care to patients. Prescribes/orders medications, therapies; orders/interprets laboratory tests, x-rays and procedures according to clinical privileges. Evaluates patients to determine their need for further health care. Provides comprehensive teaching to patients and families. Documents in the medical record all care and education provided and/or procedures performed for which the Licensed Advanced Practice Provider is responsible. Refers to other disciplines as appropriate. Consultant to other disciplines in areas of expertise. Integrates research based knowledge and clinical expertise in decision making. Exemplifies a professional image in appearance, manner and presentation. Advocate for patients, families, coworkers, and the community. Maintains certifications and continuing education as required for licensure and privileging. Serves as a patient advocate and role model for "Patients First". Participates in unit/departmental/divisional or hospital committees/task forces as appropriate. Provides comprehensive teaching strategies for patients and their families. Develops and participates in programs to meet continuing education needs of staff. Serves as a role model and preceptor to students. Provides formal education to both internal and external groups pertinent to area of specialty. Participates in quality improvement and/or research initiatives for specific patient population as appropriate.
- Master’s degree from an accredited school/college of nursing OR master's degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Acute care certification required for APRNs
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois/Current license as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois. Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse by a national certifying body as approved by the Illinois Department of Regulation APRN Board. Once licensed may apply for a controlled substance license and DEA number OR Master’s degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program/Current license as a Physician's Assistant in the State of Illinois. Once licensed may apply for a controlled substance license and DEA number
- Privileged and credentialed through the NMH Medical Staff Office (MSO)
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation – BLS and ACLS, issued by the American Heart Association
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in cardiac, ICU, etc
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Housekeeping Assistant I, Fulltime, Evening Palos Heights, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant I, Fulltime, Days Palos Heights, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant II, Fulltime, Evenings Palos Heights, Illinois
- Registered Nurse - PH Emergency Room, Full-time, evenings, $5,000/$7,500 Sign On Bonus Eligible Palos Heights, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs