Nurse Navigator - Benign Hematology Full-Time DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 86804 Job Function Clinical Nurse Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Nurse Navigatorreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Nurse Navigator is a skilled professional nurse with competence in a specialized area of nursing. This position works cooperatively and communicates effectively within a multidisciplinary framework to actively promote holistic care for patients and families. The Nurse Navigator demonstrates self-direction and initiative in the role of nurse clinician, educator and consultant. This role provides direct patient care and/or consultation using in-depth clinical knowledge and skills in area of expertise.
The Nurse Navigator promotes customer service and communication between the healthcare team and patient and/or family.
- Effectively collaborates with the patient, significant other, and members of the benign hematology healthcare team, while maintaining ANA standards of professional nursing practice.
- Complies with all existing policies and protocols related to patient care
- Addresses any issues the patient and/or family may be experiencing
- An expert at crucial conversations
- Promotes customer service and remains calm and in control of their own emotions in response to unsolicited provocation.
- Supports patient discharge through instructions and/or assistance with post emergency room care.
- Communicate and collaborate with other departments around care coordination
- Provides teaching to patient and/or family
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Licensed as a professional nurse in the state of Illinois.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support at the healthcare provider level.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited Nursing program.
- Two years of nursing experience.
- Current related experience within the past five years.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Analytical ability.
- Communication skill is required in order to teach and lead.
- Work requires lifting or carrying objects 35 - 40 lbs, and lifting and positioning patients, some of whom may exceed 300 lbs.
- Interact effectively and collaborate with others in difficult situations.
- The ability to visually check documents for errors, use a keyboard to enter or retrieve data, and closely examine specimens, images or reports is required.
- Work conditions include performing procedures where carelessness could result in injury or illness and/or contact with potentially infectious materials, radioactive elements and/or strong, hazardous chemical agents.
- CERT BLS, LIC RN
- Prior case management or patient navigation experience in an acute or outpatient setting.
- Specialty certification.
- One year of clinical experience in an ambulatory clinic
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs