Nurse Manager - Operations Operating Room/Surgical Services, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 23946 Job Function Management-Nursing Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
Northwestern Medicine is proud to have five hospitals ranked among “America’s Best” by U.S. News & World Report for 2021-22. Anchored by Northwestern Memorial Hospital, the No. 1 hospital in Illinois and a top 10 hospital in the nation, we’re leading the quest for better care and better treatments in the Chicagoland area.
Northwestern Memorial Hospital enjoys a teaching and service partnership with Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine, an integration that provides patients access to leading-edge clinical trials and fosters an environment of world-class patient care, academic inquiry and innovative research. Northwestern Memorial Hospital has also received Magnet® recognition*, the gold-standard for nursing excellence, from the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
In this role, we are seeking an experienced OR nurse who has experience managing a large team.
The Operations Nurse Managerreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Core Skills:
- Attracts, develops, and retains exceptional care givers and provides those care givers with an environment that fosters excellence through continuous learning.
- Collaborates with Human Resources and other managers to ensure appropriate staffing.
- Advances innovative recruitment and retention strategies for team members.
- Collaboratively manages the disciplinary process when appropriate.
- Facilitates the annual performance review process.
- Ensure application of staffing tools.
- Manages people and resources to ensure safe and efficient patient care operations.
- Partners with the Central Staffing Office and Bed Assignment to ensure optimal patient throughput.
- Collaborates with the team to ensure application of safe staffing and scheduling guidelines.
- Embeds innovative strategies to supports a healthy practice environment that encourages break time and reduces worker fatigue.
- Ensures caregivers have the equipment and supplies needed to provide patient care.
- Customer Focus:
- Clearly identifies the internal and external customer(s) for their unit or service area and their respective requirements/expectations.
- Actively seeks methods of concurrent and retrospective feedback from customers, listens to customer feedback and implements solutions and/or interventions as appropriate.
- Continually examines ways to improve business relationships with customers, suppliers, community, and the community.
- Creative Leadership:
- Translates organizational vision into a unit or service area vision that engages team members in contributing to and achieving that vision.
- Coaching and Development:
- Provides feedback to improve employee performance and engagement.
- Tracks coaching discussions and performance of team members; partners with Practice Manager on performance improvement plans as necessary to ensure accountability.
- Seeks ways to match team members talents and career interests with organizational opportunities.
- Continuous Learning:
- Seeks new ideas from a wide range of sources; encourages others to share knowledge and best practices.
- Maintains active membership in Professional Organization and shares current, relevant information.
- Participates in leadership development activities.
- Master's degree or current enrollment.
- Licensed as a professional registered nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Certification in area of specialty or administration.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Medical Assistant - Internal Medicine, Full-time, Days *$2,000 Sign-on Bonus* Chicago, Illinois
- Nurse Clinician - Transitional Care, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Nurse Clinician - Infusion, Part-time (24 hrs/wk), Days Chicago, Illinois
- Case Manager - Pre-Admissions Testing, Huntley, Full-time, Days Huntley, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs