Nurse Manager, Operations - Feinberg PACU and Surgical Recovery Observation Unit, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 44248 Job Function Management-Nursing Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
We are seeking an experienced PACU nurse who has experience managing a large team. This individual will manage the Feinberg Recovery Room (PACU) and the Surgical Recovery Observation Unit (SROU). The SROU is a 10-bed observation unit open from Monday through Saturday.
The Operations Managerreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Core Skills:
- Attracts, develops, and retains exceptional care givers and provides those care givers with an environment that fosters excellence through continuous learning.
- Collaborates with Human Resources and other managers to ensure appropriate staffing.
- Advances innovative recruitment and retention strategies for team members.
- Collaboratively manages the disciplinary process when appropriate.
- Facilitates the annual performance review process.
- Ensure application of staffing tools.
- Manages people and resources to ensure safe and efficient patient care operations.
- Partners with the Central Staffing Office and Bed Assignment to ensure optimal patient throughput.
- Collaborates with the team to ensure application of safe staffing and scheduling guidelines.
- Embeds innovative strategies to supports a healthy practice environment that encourages break time and reduces worker fatigue.
- Ensures caregivers have the equipment and supplies needed to provide patient care.
- Customer Focus:
- Clearly identifies the internal and external customer(s) for their unit or service area and their respective requirements/expectations.
- Actively seeks methods of concurrent and retrospective feedback from customers, listens to customer feedback and implements solutions and/or interventions as appropriate.
- Continually examines ways to improve business relationships with customers, suppliers, community, and the community.
- Creative Leadership:
- Translates organizational vision into a unit or service area vision that engages team members in contributing to and achieving that vision.
- Coaching and Development:
- Provides feedback to improve employee performance and engagement.
- Tracks coaching discussions and performance of team members; partners with Practice Manager on performance improvement plans as necessary to ensure accountability.
- Seeks ways to match team members talents and career interests with organizational opportunities.
- Continuous Learning:
- Seeks new ideas from a wide range of sources; encourages others to share knowledge and best practices.
- Maintains active membership in Professional Organization and shares current, relevant information.
- Participates in leadership development activities.
- Master's degree or current enrollment.
- Licensed as a professional nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Certification in area of specialty or administration.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs