Neuroscience Outreach Program Manager, Full-Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 46146 Job Function Management-Healthcare Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Service LineOutreach Program Manager reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Memorial HealthCare, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Service Line Outreach Program Manager serves as a liaison between the specific NM Service Line and referring physicians throughout the NM service area as well as targeted regional and national markets. This individual is responsible for actively participating in the achievement of Service Line outreach and referral network development goals. This person actively engages with Service Line Physician and Administrative leadership, physician outreach managers, physician representatives and CME administrators to drive referrals and awareness of Service Line programs and services.
- Identify and pursue business activities, which align with the Service Line Service line strategic priorities. These efforts should enhance reputation, build referral volume, improve financial performance, and create demand models for the programs within Service Line.
- Partner with Service Line leadership to identify priority programs requiring focused attention in response to changing market dynamics, shifting share and volume, or other factors.
- Introduce, develop, and facilitate new business and programmatic outreach ideas and plans for Service Line. Analyze growth potential, resource requirements, risk/reward and financial benefit to proposed initiatives through complex analysis and research of market, financial, and internal factors.
- Partner with NM system resources such as Strategy and Analytics to develop demand (market and hospital) projections in key business and service areas. Maintain and continually update industry and competitive information, and Service Line relative performance, including historic and best of industry benchmarking data on: patient satisfaction, market size and share at diagnosis and programmatic level, reputation, clinical and research capabilities, and leadership and differentiation in program area.
- Form, facilitate and lead multi-departmental strategic planning processes in assigned business and program areas. Successfully collaborate with Service Line Clinical and Administrative leaders, as well as system leaders, to build consensus on strategies, tactics, and methods.
- Cultivate and foster successful marketing strategies building referring physician loyalty through a multi-faceted outreach approach. Leverage existing tools and create new processes and workflows as needed to demonstrate success of outreach endeavors, such as volume growth, reputation scores, and seminar/CME attendance.
- Serve as an ambassador for Service Line in the NM service area and target regional and national markets such as central Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, and Wisconsin).
- Establish strong relationships with the referring physicians and gain in-depth knowledge (i.e. competitive intelligence) to effectively promote priority clinical programs within the Service Line service line
- Exhibit a keen awareness for building and maintaining relationships with referring physicians in office, inpatient and ED settings. Collaborate with internal colleagues to maintain a unified presence throughout the NM service area and surrounding markets.
- Strategically identify and develop collateral information in partnership with marketing, effectively highlighting the key differentiating aspects of NM Service Line.
- Partner with operational and physician leadership to identify market opportunities, and develop targeted outreach efforts programmatically, as warranted, in alignment with strategic plans and market analytics. Provide insight around prioritization and urgency of need, collaborate to ensure timely execution
- Collaborate with Service Line Physician and Administrative Leadership, Marketing and Strategy departments to develop high-impact outreach targets and tools..
- Assist with identifying opportunities to improve the referring physician experience, in areas such as: improved referral management, appointment turnaround time, direct admission process, improved patient satisfaction, clinic operations Maintain comprehensive documentation of referring physician contacts and activity to ensure availability of physician information across departments. Collaborate with physician leaders to update with new market information on a regular basis.
- Provide timely feedback from the outreach territory to Service Line physicians and management regarding accomplishments, problems, and recommended action plans.
- Facilitate communication by Service Line physicians with referring physicians for all inpatient and outpatient activity.
- Partner with NM International office to spread outreach strategies and tactics across key international markets.
- Provide field insight into referring physicians’ satisfaction
- As appropriate, solicit feedback in the community regarding areas for improvement with regard to patient/physician interaction with NM
Analyze Data for Decision-making
- Develop metrics to demonstrate success of outreach efforts. Present metrics to Service Line leadership on regular basis. Leverage outcome measures to refine outreach efforts as warranted
- Partner with internal resources such as NM Strategy to develop timely insights into the market opportunities. Leverage this data and field knowledge/data in order to develop time sensitive interventions as warranted to maintain NM’s reputation and volume in target markets. Liaise with Service Line leadership as necessary to escalate priorities.
- Develop methods to monitor success of new program initiatives in the community, improvements in service, and physician satisfaction.
- Develop presentations to highlight clinical and research differentiating factors of Service Line capabilities. Adjust as appropriate for a variety of audiences and speakers.
- Obtain data, verify validity of data and analyze data as required; process should address ensuring accuracy and timeliness of reports Analyze market penetration in the community; make recommendations regarding adjustments to plan based on analysis.
- Collaborate with key areas such as Strategy, Marketing and Service Line leadership for continuity and interpretation of data.
- Develop education programs for referring physicians and their staff for enhanced satisfaction and to build loyalty. Examples include targeted CME events, grand rounds at external institutions, speaking engagements at National Conferences. Track impact of these endeavors. Based on success, partner with Service Line leadership to expand to meet market need and to drive awareness toward specialized Neuroscience services at NM.
- Coordinate and/or actively participate in various educational programs, lunch & learns, and dinner meetings with medical staff leadership and key referring physicians and their office staff in accordance with all relevant policies and procedures
- Maintain constant source of information relating to referring physician contacts and take measures for dissemination of physician information to Service Line leadership to maintain position and build market share.
- Organize initiatives/seminars in collaboration with the CME Administrator to enhance the education, management, and networking opportunities for the non-affiliated NM medical staff and their practices.
- This individual must exhibit keen strategic thinking abilities as related to healthcare administration, demonstrates conceptual assessment skills, displays self-directed work style, an innate ability to establish new and maintain existing relationships with non-affiliated NM physicians, and demonstrates enhanced problem-solving techniques.
- This individual must maintain the highest customer service standards, as measured by high productivity and consistent high quality that addresses the needs of the Service Line program and referring physicians.
- Demonstrates poise and maturity when encountering unforeseen situations; this customer services standard must show a visibility of and responsibility toward patients and their families, the Medical staff, and member of the Physician Services team.
- B.A./B.S. in related field.
- Proven track record with sales techniques in the healthcare/medical community.
- Five years or more of healthcare experience with a focus on customer relationship building (i.e. physicians)
- The individual shall possess, analytic skills, interpersonal, and time-management skills, organizational skills and a working knowledge of trends in neuroscience diseases and disorders.
- Willingness to travel (including some overnight stays)
- Strong database skills with proficiency in computer software programs, i.e., Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong computer skills are essential; must have expert knowledge of Excel and Access.
- Master's degree in Healthcare, Public Health, or Business Administration.
- Proven success building relationships within the medical community
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Film File Clerk - Mammography, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Labor & Delivery, Full-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant I - PH Housekeeping - Discharge Team, Full-Time, Evenings Palos Heights, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant II - Support Services Environmental, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs