Network Engineer Associate - Network Services, Full time, DaysChicago, Illinois Job REQID 8224 Job Function Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Network Engineer Associate reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Responsible for the ongoing monitoring using SolarWinds Network Monitoring Tools
- Participates in support and implementation of new technologies in the NM Enterprise Network.
- Provides technical guidance and support for our user community outside of the Network team through completing requests, incidents, changes and tasks assigned through the ServiceNow Network queue.
- Assist in the analysis and recommendations for performance and/or capacity of the Enterprise Network Infrastructure.
- Document and refresh documentation supporting all Enterprise Networks.
- Maintain and update all inventory repositories keeping accurate track of available Network infrastructure.
- Participate in implementing, troubleshooting, and expanding all wireless infrastructure across the Enterprise Network
- Works with the team lead and Sr. Engineers on project and support activities across the Enterprise Network.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for the Network Enterprise
- Understands the business and clinical processes at NMH and the operational environments of assigned customers.
- Communicates clearly, responsively, and purposely with customers and team members.
- Develops effective relationships with users and other IS team members to enhance the timeliness and effectiveness of technology solutions.
- Provides technical support including the identification and implementation of NMH best practice standards.
- Contributes to on-going process to integrate vendor, manufacturer and point-expertise technical knowledge into NMH.
- Seeks to improvetheir talents and skills consistent with overall IS direction.
- Focuses on IS team success and promotes collaborative efforts with others.
- Shifts among different technical and project roles as required by situation.
- Adapts well to rapid change and multiple priorities.
- Contributes to the IS Knowledge Repository.
- Secures network system(s) by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information and managing projects.
- 0-3 years of Network Experience
- Relevant IT/Cisco/Network Certifications
- Bachelor's degree
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Insurance Verification Representative - Durable Medical Equipment, Full-time, Days McHenry, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (KD) Palatine, Illinois
- Client Office Phlebotomist - HealthLab, Full-time, Days (SR) Carmel, Indiana
- Talent Acquisition Professional- Human Resources, Full-time, Days Warrenville, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs