Certified Medical Assistant - COVID Tent, Weekend Casual, Days, $2,000 Sign-On BonusLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 33708 Job Function Patient Support Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
***Shift: Weekends Only - Saturday's and Sundays***
The Medical Assistant reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Medicine, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Medical Assistant is a member of the health care team primarily responsible for providing support to physicians, nurses, and other licensed medical staff by facilitating efficient patient flow, assisting with various patient care activities, and performing related administrative functions. The Medical Assistant is responsible for ensuring efficient patient flow through the clinic; maintaining neat, clean and safe patient care areas; promoting patient satisfaction by interacting with patients in a professional, friendly manner; safeguarding patient confidentiality.
- Assures efficient patient flow through the site:
- Escorts patient to exam room, identifies patient with 2 identifiers and prepares patient for examination.
- Obtains accurate vital signs, per organization standards.
- Documents reason for visit and updates/confirms, allergies, smoking history and pharmacy information.
- Promptly informs the provider and registered nurse of any significant change in vital signs or acute symptoms.
- Anticipates/sets up equipment or supplies needed for visit.
- Cleans and prepares exam room for next patient.
- Responds to needs to expedite visits and maintain flow of patients and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Assists practitioner with medical and surgical procedures in accordance with established protocols such as:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG), venipuncture, immunizations, setting up procedure trays, specimen collection and/or Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) waived testing as directed by Provider.
- Provides high quality care by:
- Prepares and stocks all exam rooms in treatment area by following established protocols for disinfecting and sterilizing equipment and instruments.
- Participates in environmental safety rounds.
- Maintains vaccine/medication inventory.
- Monitors and maintains equipment and instruments according to clinic guidelines.
- Assists in ordering supplies and correctly disposes of all expired items.
- Adheres to office opening and closing procedures.
- Functions as an integral part of the patient care team and promotes patient satisfaction by interacting with patients in a professional, friendly manner:
- Accepts and performs delegated responsibilities in a positive manner.
- Offers assistance to others.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings.
- Communicates appropriately and effectively with patients and patient care team (in the office and on the phone)
- Performs delegated procedures common to the specialty area in a safe, effective, and efficient manner (see specialty practice addendum)
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Manager
- High school diploma or GED.
- Current certification as a:
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) through American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) OR
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) through American Medical Technologists (AMT) OR
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) OR
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- American Heart Association accredited Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR) certification.
- Zero (0) to two (2) years’ experience in a relevant role.
- Completion of pre-employment competency exam.
- Strong computer skills.
- Completion of accredited Medical Assistant training program.
- One to two years of ambulatory care experience.
- Experience with electronic medical record.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Emergency Dept Tech - Woodstock ED, Full Time, NIghts Woodstock, Illinois
- 2022 Job Fair for Hospitality & Sterilizing Tech's - Central DuPage Hospital, offering Sign-On Bonuses Winfield, Illinois
- Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Cardiac Surgery, Full-time, Rotating Chicago, Illinois
- Certified Medical Assistant - RMG Primary Care- Full-time, Days Orland Park, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs