Marketing Specialist, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 9721 Job Function Public Relations/External Affairs/Marketing Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Marketing Specialistreflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for supporting their Manager and other Marketing team members in creating Strategic Marketing Plans for assigned regions or initiatives. She/he is an activation expert and understands how the elements of a marketing plan work together for maximum impact. She/he knows the latest thinking and channel options used for marketing communications. Marketing Specialists are also expected to have flawless execution of their plans in coordination with other team members. This individual works collaboratively with Strategy, Internal Communications, Media Relations, Brand, and Digital Strategy.
- Supports the Manager in the creation of assigned marketing plans
- Stays informed on current and emerging trends in overall marketing communications
- Understands the business and marketing needs of their assigned clients
- Defines objectives, strategies, tactics and performance metrics (including campaigns and development of new tactics where applicable)
- Creates the 12-month tactical calendar and budget necessary to deliver the plan. Adapts the plan to budgetary changes as necessary
- Obtains the necessary plan approvals. Works with client partners to determine who is the key point person for each element in the plan
- Delivers all elements of the plan for all assigned clients/areas
- Supports the manager in the overall client relationship
- Holds monthly or quarterly plan reviews (as appropriate) with client partners to discuss changes in objectives, strategies and/or tactics
- Makes trade-offs or adjustments accordingly with approval from the Manager
- Understands the latest in patient communication vehicles, as well as patient preferences in receiving information from a healthcare provider
- Keeps abreast of communication tactics, plans and key messages utilized by other healthcare systems
- Utilizes excellent project management capabilities
- Creates timelines for each campaign/tactic in the marketing plan and manages them to ensure delivery
- Presents marketing materials, as appropriate, to client partner for feedback, input and approvals
- Proofs all materials and obtains appropriate approvals (senior management, legal/risk, other)
- Manages agreed upon budget including invoicing as appropriate and paying agency bills
- Utilize project management software to manage programs
- Monitors the effectiveness of marketing tactics through various reports and dashboards.
- Provides information to NM departments and divisions regarding updates to marketing tactics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in related field.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in program development, marketing, and project management or equivalent internship/course work. Agency or client-side marketing experience/internship a plus.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills with a strong customer service orientation.
- Highly motivated and proactive, with a “can-do” attitude.
- Proven experience working in a team-oriented environment.
- Understanding of healthcare industry and academic medical centers preferred.
- Undergraduate Degree in Marketing or related field required
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Quality Documentation Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Quality Utilization Specialist, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Social Worker (Transitional Care), Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Full-time, Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs