Manager, Transplant Finance & Performance, Full-Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 47727 Job Function Management-Healthcare Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
The Manager Transplant Finance and Performance reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Manager Transplant Finance and Performance is responsible for the financial management of the transplant program in compliance with policies and procedures established by CMS, UNOS, other regulatory agencies and organ procurement organizations. The Manager, Transplant Finance and Performance will also lead initiatives related to data analysis, process improvement, and strategic/operational project management, and will work closely with managers, directors, clinicians, quality leads, and other team members to develop work plans, metrics and resources to achieve the department’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Creates annual operating and capital budgets.
- Develops and distributes comprehensive financial reports on a regular basis.
- Generates department and service line dashboards and other reporting needs.
- Develops and implements procedures to support successful financial performance of the program. Evaluates, develops, and implements monitoring mechanisms for financial performance.
- Monitors acquisition billing and ensures charges are appropriately dropped and tracked.
- Works with Finance to submit data required for the Medicare Cost Report and ensures compliance with cost report regulations, including monitoring time studies.
- Manages philanthropic and other funds to ensure appropriate documentation for disbursement.
- Completes Standard Acquisition Charge (SAC) review on a regular basis.
- Ensures all finance related accounting functions are performed in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with Financial Analyst to ensure day-to-day financial tasks are completed (i.e. processing invoices, invoicing, creating and monitoring purchase orders, etc.).
- Manages Transplant Center contracts and collaborates with appropriate parties for renewal/termination/initiation of new agreements as well as single case agreements.
- Tracks patient hotel usage and monitors for compliance with policy.
- Creates and submits capital requests.
- Monitors and maintains charge master.
- Ensures timely and accurate billing and collection of transplant accounts.
- Ensures timely and coordinated responses to UNOS, ASBMT, and payor/network RFI requests.
- Optimizes and monitors usage of living donor assistance funds, both internal and external (e.g. NLDAC).
- Supports charity care requests in partnership with Finance, Managed Care, and other NM departments.
- Ensures compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates department activities with appropriate internal departments and affiliates.
- Coordinates with the Office of Research and other entities to submit research protocols for fiscal intermediary approval.
- Provides effective Level I management/ownership of various cost centers. Coordinates with operational leads to understand relationship between operations and financials.
- Develops effective relationships with finance, budget, and compensation personnel across NMH, NMG, and Feinberg School of Medicine.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Develops dashboards to summarize and report on outcomes, volume, engagement, and other metrics.
- Utilizes data and benchmarks to support goals and objectives. Defines, develops and implements productivity standards.
- Provides support for NM Analytics initiatives designed to optimize transplant outcomes and performance.
Strategic/Operational Project Management and Process Improvement:
- Partners with leadership to advance improvement initiatives and opportunities.
- Continually examines ways to improve business relationships with customers, suppliers, community, etc. and proposes ideas for how to implement improvements.
- Facilitates annual goal development for the department in collaboration with leadership.
- Manages efforts related to space planning for the program.
- Provides regular, effective feedback and coaching for staff. Identifies and implements development opportunities as needed to improve performance.
- Collaborates with IT as needed to manage transplant’s needs.
- Supports departmental based quality committees as needed.
- Attends daily huddles and covers other shared management responsibilities as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree AND minimum 5 years of experience in related field (i.e. Finance) with substantial health care knowledge,
- Master’s degree AND minimum 3 years of experience in related field with substantial health care knowledge.
- Progressive relevant experience in finance or similar field.
- Excellent oral and written communication, analytical and collaboration skills
- High level of precision and attention to detail
- Ability to summarize complex issues into key elements
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the activities of others
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with financial dashboards and analytic software
- Master’s Degree in business administration or related field
- Transplant business experience including knowledge of transplant reimbursement, and working knowledge of the Medicare Cost Report as it applies to organ transplantation
- Demonstrated project management skills
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Film File Clerk - Mammography, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Labor & Delivery, Full-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant I - PH Housekeeping - Discharge Team, Full-Time, Evenings Palos Heights, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant II - Support Services Environmental, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs