Manager-Sterile Process, Full-Time, DaysChicago, Illinois Job REQID 7091 Job Function Management-Facilities/Support Services Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Manager, Sterile Process reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Administrative accountability for all unit activities for all Central Sterile Supply Departments.
- Provides leadership to staff.
- Is responsible for establishing and maintaining departmental operational and capital budget.
- Interviews, hires, educate, schedules, assigns work to, evaluates and disciplines subordinates for 24-hour operational department.
- Maintains necessary records in accordance with hospital policies and governmental regulations.
- Responsible for coordinating the daily operations of the decontamination, surgical processing and the surgical case cart system between Central Sterile Supply and Surgery.
- Maintains cooperative working relationship with Patient Care areas.
- Responsible for operational and capital budgets.
- Responsible for 24 hour administrative accountability for all unit activities.
- Plans, organizes and controls department activities and personnel engaged in decontamination process, assembly and packaging of surgical items, sterilization process, and surgical case cart system.
- Participates in planning and implementing new programs supportive of the organization's strategic plan and department goals.
- 24 hour accountability for Sterile Processing Technician I and II, Resource Coordinators, and Technical Educator for Feinberg, Prentice, Lavin, Central Sterile Departments.
- Interviews, selects, orients, counsels, evaluate, and discipline subordinates.
- Develops unit work schedule, monitors daily staffing needs, and assignments.
- Update and maintain accuracy for time and attendance for all employees in CSS departments.
- Responsible for staff performance evaluations.
- Partner with and promote healthy relationship with Union including conducting investigations, completion
- Partner with and promote healthy relationship with Union including conducting investigations, completion of information requests, and attending and participating in grievance meetings.
- Responsible for developing, administering and monitoring budgets, for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Supports self and staff development activities through active participation with staff in the identification of learning needs, new employee orientation, training, and continuing education.
- Oversees certification of Sterile Processing Technicians.
- Responsible for decontamination, sterilization processes and case carts for Surgical Services.
- Responsible for sterilization processes for, Prentice, Feinberg, and Lavin Pavilions.
- Maintains department sterilization documentation for regulatory agencies
- Conducts regularly scheduled unit meetings to disseminate information to staff and initiate staff input.
- Assists in the evaluation of supply/equipment products, as needed.
- Responsible for the implementation of departmental Quality Management Plan, which includes, collecting and analyzing data, developing action plans, monitoring implementation and follow-up.
- Responsible for dashboard, regulatory, safety, and hazardous materials monthly reports. Analyze event data. Build and implement action plans to decrease operating room event
- Responsible for maintaining department policy and procedures, according to regulatory standards.
- Works closely and cooperatively with various departments to resolve system problems/issues associated with the processing or distribution of surgical instrumentation.
- Attend Manager and Divisional meetings.
- Oversight of tracking, decontamination, assembly, and sterilization for instruments and instruments trays associated with Ancillary areas
- Advisement and audit of best sterile processing practice according to regulatory standards for Ancillary areas.
- High Level Disinfection process oversight for scopes, ultrasound probes, and transducers for both the Operating Room and Ancillary areas.
- Regularly assess staffing needs as compared to case volume and case complexity per pavilion.
- Round regularly in all pavilions and maintain an environment of safety in accordance with Infection Prevention standards, regulatory standards, and Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) standards.
- Assist in the development of strategic plans aimed at continued Surgical Services growth.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant professional experience.
- Supervisory and managerial skills necessary to develop staffing patterns, budgets, policies and procedures, and to evaluate and provide for the development of personnel. (Five years or more)
- Interpersonal skills to effectively direct subordinate and communicate with other hospital management, staff, and vendors.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and procedures of decontamination, sterilization, aseptic technique, and regulatory standards.
- Five years or more of OR, CSS or other direct management experience.
- International Certification of Healthcare Central Service Materials Management Technician.
- International Association Certification in Central Service Materials Management Leadership.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Financial Analyst - Contract Systems and Audit, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- EVS Tech Lead - CDH, Full-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - Obstetrics, Registry, Rotating - $500 Sign-on Bonus Sandwich, Illinois
- Medical Assistant- Regional Management Group- Rheumatology- Full-time- Days- $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Geneva, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs