Manager, Software DevelopmentLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 55079 Job Function Management-Information Technology Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Manager, Software Development reflects the mission, vision, and values of Northwestern Memorial, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Manager, Software Development is responsible for leading a team of software developers to deliver solutions in line with business needs. This position will oversee each aspect of the development process, and act as the liaison between the team and management. They should be skilled in different programing languages and be familiar with both database and application development.
The Manager, Software Development will collaborate with various departments in discussing how the software developed can be improved and enhanced to achieve project objectives. Additionally, they are responsible for policy and procedure compliance, and adhering to departmental metrics.
- Leading the development team in the design, development, coding, testing and debugging of applications
- Promotes software code that is scalable, composable, and reusable
- Managing all the activities of the software development team and set goals for each team member to ensure timely project delivery
- Keep up to date with the latest development software
- Provide guidance to the team and ensure they adhere to development standards
- Ensure proper documentation
- Adhere to and promote latest methodologies for work, including agile, dev ops
- Hire and train new developers and promotes career progression for direct reports
- Demonstrate the ability to “get things done”, effectively direct the execution of the projects to support the achievement of successful, on-time and on-budget delivery of IT commitments.
- Manage resource agility/versatility for all direct reports and assist with progression of employee career paths.
- Manage vendor relationships, contracts, and contract management policies for cost-effectiveness, negotiate licensing agreements, plan for major software/infrastructure upgrades, and ensure that service management processes are used.
- Demonstrate the ability to deal with the changing environment and to lead/facilitate and manage change efficiently and effectively where appropriate.
- Manage operating and capital budgets to meet NMHC budget goals.
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility and character and demonstrated high moral, ethical behavior.
- Present to NM operational leadership meetings.
- Present at industry conferences as needed.
- Represent NM at local user groups and symposiums.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 or more years experience in Information Services management and Software development teams.
- Extensive experience in developing, deploying, and integrating software solutions.
- Demonstrated project & process management skills.
- Demonstrated budget management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with peers and constituents at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with and negotiating with external vendors.
- Experience working with and negotiating vendor contracts.
- Excellent team building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding coordination, facilitation, consultation, and conflict resolution skills
- Management experience with complex, cross-organizational systems
- Healthcare technology background
- Master’s degree in related field
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Film File Clerk - Mammography, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Labor & Delivery, Full-time, Nights Winfield, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant I - PH Housekeeping - Discharge Team, Full-Time, Evenings Palos Heights, Illinois
- Housekeeping Assistant II - Support Services Environmental, Full-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs