Manager-Real Estate, Full-Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 6480 Job Function Management-Business Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Manager, Real Estate reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Manager, Real Estate will be responsible for supporting the negotiation and management of NMHC’s Real Estate transactions portfolio. This individual possesses a solid understanding of Real Estate, business and legal provisional requirements, leasing procedures, and all relevant policies and maintains the accountability for Real Estate lease process efficiency and consistency throughout the organization. The individual will work with NMHC staff and external Landlords, Tenants, Brokers, and Vendors to negotiate mutually agreeable terms and conditions related to real estate acquisition, disposition and lease transactions consistent with NMHC overall goals and strategies. The manager will perform a variety of operational responsibilities. The position reports to the Director, Real Estate Transactions within the Real Estate Department.
- Manage portfolio of transactions across all business units including new leases, renewals, timeshares, acquisitions, dispositions, expansions, and contractions.
- Partner with NMHC customers to understand their business and space requirements, advise on and mitigate business risks, and represent overall customer interests during transaction negotiations.
- Develop and/or review RFPs, LOIs, and financial analysis; make recommendations and execute on best strategic path for transactions.
- Collaborate with NMHC Office of General Counsel to effectively communicate and validate position(s) on open legal provisions and help finalize legal terms.
- Communicate substantive contract provisions and potential business risks to the Director, Real Estate and Senior Leadership.
- Develop and maintain long term relationships with Tenants, Landlords, Brokers and Vendor personnel to support NMHC strategic goals and objectives.
- Provide guidance and/or lead distressed tenant negotiations or other strategic negotiations.
- Partner with NMHC Strategy, Real Estate Strategy, and Integration teams to ensure all mergers and acquisitions are seamlessly transitioned into the real estate portfolio.
- Draft, negotiate and finalize new leases, routine amendments, extensions, short form contracts, and other documents. Participate in development of real estate purchases or dispositions and on-going review of expiring agreements.
- Oversee tracking and management of all critical dates for NM transactions portfolio
- Serve as the internal and external representative of the Northwestern Medicine’s Real Estate Department.
- Collaborate with NM Real Estate Strategy Team to gather information related to transactions decisions.
- Facilitate timely review and completion of all agreements.
- Prepare and deliver executive level presentations. Participate in Real Estate Executive Committee meetings, as needed.
- Continually evaluate and optimize lease process.
- Establish and maintain complete lease abstract information in our information systems and files, including lease agreements, notices, and final executed agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to ‘get things done’ and execute on stated goals and plans.
- Proven ability to lead/facilitate and manage change efficiently and effectively where appropriate.
- Perform special projects, as assigned by Division leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in real estate and lease negotiation experience.
- An extensive knowledge of principles, policies, trends and practices relating to real estate transactions as well as an understanding of the commercial, retail, and/or healthcare real estate market.
- Working knowledge of lease language, including business and legal terms, and how they impact the deal.
- Proven experience performing and analyzing commercial and retail real estate transactions, including buyouts.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of Real Estate terms and conditions, LOIs, master service agreements, Subleases and Short-Term Lease Agreements, as well as contractual policies and procedures. Evaluate potential agreements to ensure consistency with these guidelines.
- Ability to understand legal concepts as they relate to leases.
- Strong communication skills with the confidence and ability to work/communicate with senior executives
- Proficient in data management and various financial or lease administration software packages.
- General understanding about procurement practices (e.g., RFP process).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationships with peers and constituents at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility and character with demonstrated high moral, ethical behavior.
- Experience in large, complex corporations or healthcare environments.
- Licensed Illinois Real Estate Broker.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Case Manager RN/Woodstock-Full-time, Day Woodstock, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Medical Surgical/Onconolgy-McHenry-Full-time, Nights McHenry, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Emergency/Huntley-Full-time, Night Huntley, Illinois
- Medical Assistant- Allergy and ENT- Full-time- Days Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs