Manager Radiology, Full-Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Memorial Hospital Job REQID 16287 Job Function Management-Healthcare Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
This position will be based in Mokena, IL.
The Radiology Manager reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Radiology Manager is responsible for fiscal, human resource, and quality outcomes for their defined service or unit. This role places the needs of the patient and other customers as a first priority and demonstrates the skills necessary to meet and exceed expectations. The Radiology Manager focuses others on a clearly defined, clearly communicated vision and engages individuals and groups to achieve that vision. The Radiology Manager identifies and develops organizational talent and embraces continuous learning of self and others. The Radiology Manager oversees all aspects of the provision of services including the maintenance of safety and technical/clinical performance, quality, standards of care, practice guidelines, service delivery and patient and customer satisfaction. This position is responsible for financial control and accountability for establishing and monitoring its operating and capital budgets. The manager is responsible for translating the Hospital's and Division's mission, objectives, policies and procedures into effective action.
- Core Skills: Time, People and Resource Management.
- Establishes, implements, and monitors the unit or service area's capital and operating budget to achieve defined targets.
- Recruits and retains staff members consistent with the unit and organization's human resource plan.
- Develops systems for the responsible use of all hospital resources.
- Customer Focus:
- Clearly identifies the internal and external customer(s) for their unit or service area and their respective requirements/expectations.
- Actively seeks methods of concurrent and retrospective feedback from customers, listens to customer feedback and implements solutions and/or interventions as appropriate.
- Creative Leadership:
- Translates organizational vision into a unit or service area vision that engages staff in contributing to and achieving that vision.
- Coaching and Development:
- Provides daily, just-in-time feedback to improve performance and self-esteem of staff.
- Tracks coaching discussions and actual performance of associates to ensure accountability.
- Seeks ways to match staff members' talents and career interests with organizational opportunities.
- Continuous Learning:
- Continually examines ways to improve business relationships with customers, suppliers, community, etc.
- Seeks and is open to new ideas from a wide range of sources; encourages others to share knowledge and best practices.
- The Manager is responsible for supporting staff in identifying and troubleshooting patient care questions, concerns, or issues relative to the specific needs of that unit or service's patient population.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Science or related field.
- Master's degree
- IDNS license and ARRT registration
- Progressive leadership with two-three years management experience
- Clinical professional expertise
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient problem solving and decision making skills, with ability to confront and resolve issues
- Skilled at planning, organizing and directing activities of others.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Clinical Nurse - CDH Medical Care Center, Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-on Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Patient Care Technician - CDH Surgical Care Unit (Post Operative Care Unit), Full-time, Days, $2,000 Sign-o Bonus Winfield, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Mother/Baby) Full Time, Nights Lake Forest, Illinois
- Registered Nurse BSN (Observation) Full Time Days Lake Forest, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs