Manager-Internal Communications, Full-Time, DaysChicago, Illinois Job REQID REF10565W Job Function Public Relations/External Affairs/Marketing Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
This position has the flexibility of being located in downtown Chicago and/or Winfield, IL.
- The Manager, Internal Communications reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Leads the development and execution of comprehensive internal communications plans for our North and Northwest NM regions, manages weekly newsletter content and distribution and acts as lead internal crisis communicator for these regions.
- Provides plan and content recommendations to the Director, Communications and obtains necessary plan approvals. Works with senior leadership to ensure all key priorities are effectively communicated.
- Description Acts as the North and Northwest Regions internal communication advisor and content developer.
- Develops internal communications campaigns as appropriate, authors and edits articles, letters, presentations, emails, and other communications, and oversees design and presentation of materials to decision makers.
- Develops deep understanding of communication plan construction and how elements fit together for maximum impact.
- Holds quarterly plan reviews (as appropriate) with senior leadership partners in Epic/IT to discuss changes in objectives, strategies and/or tactics.
- Advises on communications issues and shares best practices, if applicable.
- Utilizes excellent project management capabilities.
- Creates timelines for each tactic in the plan and manages them to ensure delivery.
- Presents materials, as appropriate, to client partner for feedback, input and approvals.
- Utilizes project management software to manage programs.
- Monitors the effectiveness of communications tactics through various reports and dashboards.
- Bachelors degree in communications with a 5-7 years of experience developing and executing integrated communications plans and developing associated content
- Management experience with direct reports, preferably 3+ years
- Strong project management skills, including ability to scope and assess requirements in any given situation
- Seasoned client/stakeholder management skills, outstanding team building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a complex team-oriented environment
- Great attention to detail and strong professionalism
- Masters degree in communications or journalism
- Experience in a healthcare communications role
Equal OpportunityNorthwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Patient Access Specialist- Customer Service, Part-time, Days Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - Neuro Spine ICU, Full-time, Nights Chicago, Illinois
- Operations Coordinator - Supply Chain Logistics Chicago, Illinois
- Clinical Nurse - Med/Surg Intensive Care Unit, Full-time, Nights **$2K Sign On Bonus** Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs