Manager HIM and Medical Records, Full-Time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medicine Corporate Job REQID 12340 Job Function Management-Healthcare Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Manager, Health Information Management reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This health system position manages a group of professional and clerical employees located across NM and is responsible for their recruitment, coaching, performance management and salary administration. The system position requires visibility and rounding across all regions to maintain successful relationships with colleagues, direct reports and executive leadership. The system position works closely with leaders from system functions and operational areas. Additionally, this system position is responsible for continuous demonstration of ongoing compliance with HIPAA, TJC, CMS, IDPH and other regulatory agencies for NMHC.
The Manager is responsible for all aspects of assigned projects and takes projects from original concept through final implementation and interfaces with all areas affected by the project.
- Provides leadership and guidance required to effectively define, plan, implement and support NMHC HIM operations.
- Manages the NMHC HIM operations by monitoring workflow, productivity and quality of NMHC HIM staff and services. Monitors, measures and reports on agreed upon performance standards.
- Builds relationships and collaborative partnerships in areas relevant to NMHC HIM.
- Advances NMHC HIM priorities and projects, as assigned.
- Supports implementation and improvement of NMHC HIM-related technology systems as needed as part of the organization’s overall Information Services plan.
- Participates in the development, documentation and enforcement of relevant policies and procedures.
- Manages directly, all aspects of human resources evaluation, compensation, utilization and professional development of HIM personnel. Ensures professional development of team and appropriate advancement.
- Develops and manages to annual budget. Approves expenditures in accordance with NMHC policy.
- Monitors changes in legislation and accreditation standards that affect NMHC HIM functions; plans and implements policy and workflow modifications as needed.
- Assists with maintaining full compliance with TJC, HIPAA, CMS, IDPH and other regulatory standards.
- Negotiates contracts with NMHC HIM vendors.
- Facilitates meetings with leaders and staff, including medical staff leadership, as needed. Creates supporting materials such as meeting agendas, presentations, and notes/minutes.
- Conducts monthly meetings and weekly huddles with staff to discuss operational workflows; works toward resolutions of workflow issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree with demonstrated team leadership experience
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Epic Certification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the HIM or related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for interaction at all levels across health system
- Demonstrated strong critical thinking skills
- Project management and process improvement experience/knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in effective budget management (operating and capital)
- Demonstrated success in staff development and advancement
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
- Case Manager RN/Woodstock-Full-time, Day Woodstock, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Medical Surgical/Onconolgy-McHenry-Full-time, Nights McHenry, Illinois
- Staff Nurse-Emergency/Huntley-Full-time, Night Huntley, Illinois
- Medical Assistant- Allergy and ENT- Full-time- Days Winfield, Illinois
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs