Lead APP Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Transplant Surgery, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 99929 Job Function Advanced Practice RN Shift Rotating Apply Now
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Pay: Based on experience, starting at: $45.46 + per hour.
Northwestern Medicine has an exciting opportunity for either a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant to work as a Lead APP in our inpatient transplant surgery department.
Schedule: 4x10 days, rotating weekends and holidays; no on-call
The Lead APP APRN reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Lead APP, in collaboration with other health professionals, provides high quality, cost effective advanced patient care to patients, manages health care systems and influences health care decision-making through expert clinical reasoning, research and theory-based practice. This role also coordinates the training and onboarding of new Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) within a program, and facilitates professional development opportunities for those APPs.
The Lead APP is an advocate and voice for the APP staff at leadership forums, and works closely with leadership within the practice to provide input into APP performance, evaluation and competency.
- Provides direct care to patients which demonstrates clinical expertise and advanced knowledge and may perform duties listed in the job description for an APP
- Develops and coordinates APP training and professional development activities
- Collaborates with practice leadership to provide input on APP performance, competency, and work assignments
- Coaches, trains, mentors and provides ongoing feedback to APPs in the practice/program
- Is a liaison for APP staff with management and leadership teams at NMHC
- Master’s degree from an accredited school/college of nursing OR master's degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Acute care certification required for APRNs
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois. Current license as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois. Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse by a national certifying body as approved by the Illinois Department of Regulation APRN Board. Once licensed may apply for a controlled substance license and DEA number OR Master’s degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program/Current license as a Physician Assistant in the State of Illinois. Once licensed may apply for a controlled substance license and DEA number
- Privileged and credentialed through the NMH Medical Staff Office (MSO)
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation – BLS, issued by the American Heart Association
- Minimum of two (2) years of APP experience
- Supervisory/leadership experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs