Lead Advanced Practice Provider APP - Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner - Hospital Medicine, Full-time, DaysLocation Chicago, Illinois Business Unit Northwestern Medical Group Job REQID 80394 Job Function Physician Assistant Shift Day Job (1st) Apply Now
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Northwestern Medicine has an exciting opportunity for either a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant to work as a Lead APP in our inpatient Hospital Medicine department.
Hospital medicine is a fast-growing medical specialty, comprised of physicians and APPs whose primary role is to provide comprehensive medical care to hospitalized patients. These physicians, called hospitalists, help patients through the continuum of hospital care, often seeing patients in the emergency department—and, if admitted, following them into the acute care or critical care unit and organizing post-hospital care.
Hospitalists are board-certified in internal medicine and do not have an outside private practice. Instead they choose to manage the care of hospital inpatients, including those in the intensive care unit. Hospitalists have a host of responsibilities ranging from daily patient monitoring and ordering tests and procedures, to following up on treatment and coordinating care between the hospital, primary care physicians and specialists. Hospitalists also consult with patients and other physicians before and after surgery, creating a safer and more effective healing environment for our patients.
Schedule: 40 hours/week (4x10s), weekdays only; no nights/weekends/holidays/on-call
The Lead APP reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Lead APP, in collaboration with other health professionals, provides high quality, cost effective advanced patient care to patients, manages health care systems and influences health care decision-making through expert clinical reasoning, research and theory-based practice. This role also coordinates the training and onboarding of new Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) within a program, and facilitates professional development opportunities for those APPs. The Lead APP is an advocate and voice for the APP staff at leadership forums, and works closely with leadership within the practice to provide input into APP performance, evaluation and competency.
- Provides direct care to patients which demonstrates clinical expertise and advanced knowledge and may perform duties listed in the job description for an APP
- Develops and coordinates APP training and professional development activities
- Collaborates with practice leadership to provide input on APP performance, competency, and work assignments
- Coaches, trains, mentors and provides ongoing feedback to APPs in the practice/program
- Is a liaison for APP staff with management and leadership teams at NMHC
- Master’s degree from an accredited school/college of nursing OR master's degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Acute care certification required for APRNs
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois. Current license as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois. Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse by a national certifying body as approved by the Illinois Department of Regulation APRN Board. Once licensed may apply for a controlled substance license and DEA number OR Master’s degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program/Current license as a Physician Assistant in the State of Illinois. Once licensed may apply for a controlled substance license and DEA number
- Privileged and credentialed through the NMH Medical Staff Office (MSO)
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation – BLS, issued by the American Heart Association
- Minimum of 2 years of APP experience is required
- Supervisor experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs